Oil like liquid found in wheel

DesertTan16

IMG_1350.jpg
IMG_1351.jpg
Has viscosity I don't think it's break fluid as there's no change in break fluid level or no visible clean leak. But is oily, like rear end oil and dark like it too. I have a 2wd so no front axle. I'm confused. Any ideas ?

Did you do the ol sniff test :confused: see what it smells like that might help you figure it out. Most fluids have their own distinct smells.

It was dog piss because it's not there anymore it seemed like oil but it was probably looking that way because it mixed with the grime in the wheel and the break dust wow how embarrassing

Mans best friend done did it again. And there was small signs that made me think he peed on my wheel because when I went to look at it he looked down and away and walked off. Tall tale signs of a guilty dog. I thought I mighta had a small break line or caliper leak or possible sealed hub that was going bad. A chevy has an oiled hub and seal and I thought this was a bad hub possibly if they're made the same way. Hard to believe if it was just metal on metal contact. But I'll find out when I get to changing them out. Stupid dog.

Back