Old man needs help

Heshup

The mind and body don't work right no more.

I have a 2013 Reg Cab 4X4 Auto 2 3/4 lift, bought new in Jan 2013. It has 29,000 miles. Oil changed every 3,000 miles sometimes more often. Mobil Synthetic 0-20 and Toyota oil filter from day one. This truck still has the new vehicle smell.

I need some help I want to change "all" other fluids in the truck. Not because of miles but years and not being driven enough. Looking for some advice on what would be the best fluids to use. Would the dealer be my best bet? LMAO

In the past I have done all my own work, fluids, lift and sliders. I trust few hands with my truck and the people that do, wont go into it like I want. I will do what I can my self, differential, rear end, cooling system and transmission. Should one use standard fluids or upgraded fluids? If I change to better fluids isn't there always old fluids left behind that will mix with the new and the same if I use the stock fluids new fluids mix with the old? Obviously stock fluids have done well for 6 1/2 years. This is a keeper unless someone willing to come up with some serious green back. I don't mind spending good money for good stuff. This truck has been well taken care of.

It's hard to figure things out and I don't have much strength any more. I will have help labor wise. I just like to get my truck in order.

Thanks for any help and advice. They call me Stone.

Personal preference, I use Amsoil products when they can take place of Toyota products. I use their motor oil, gear (differential) oil, ATF for the power steering and grease for the driveshaft and such. I use Toyota fluid for the transfer case and genuine Toyota antifreeze.

Pick a name brand that you are happy with. Mobil is good, Pennsoil, Castrol. Since you already use Mobil engine oil, their gear oil is fine and I BELIEVE comes in the appropriate weights. The oil weight (viscosity) IS important.

I'm in somewhat the same boat as you. 63 with worn out parts. Best of luck.

Back