OME front lift

scott.c.wickham

Anyone know where I can get just the front struts from OME with the medium coils? I don't wan the whole $1200 lift, just the front. OR, anyone run the medium coils on 5100 struts? I want the 5100 lift with an AAL but I'll be running a winch, poly cable, and just a hidden winch mount, no need for a big bumper.

Thanks.

I'm probably going to be getting that full OME lift. The only thing I don't like about it is the front struts. It's the one complaint every single person that has it complains about. The thud. The quick full extension of it hitting the internal stop when exiting higher ground.
I would rather have 5100s with the OME coils but both vendors say they are not designed for one another and pairing them will void any warranty they had.
If you do not do the full kit, it would probably be better to do 5100s and different coils.
There are much more knowledgeable people one here than me, but would likely agree.

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

I'm probably going to be getting that full OME lift. The only thing I don't like about it is the front struts. It's the one complaint every single person that has it complains about. The thud. The quick full extension of it hitting the internal stop when exiting higher ground.

My Fox shocks do this.

Top ing out is real for damper. This may happen for many dampers. Not brand specifies, all round issues. Stock tacoma are limited by damper, do homework.

OME has a ridiculous amount of complaints about it. I've never heard of anyone else complaining about their 5100s or fox or icons doing it.

A little bit, yeah. You also have more travel right? Like 2" or something? Now multiple that problem significantly more.
I'm new to all this. Lifting. Off road performance. And I'll be getting the OME kit regardless of the complaints just because it's the best I can get for the money I have to spend.
But from everything, everything I've read, on here and Tacoma World, that problem, the thud, is far worse with OME nitro chargers than any other brand. If you're saying that your Fox are just as bad then you either bought a crap pair or.....
There are plenty of people who have owned both and won't hesitate to tell you that Fox is waaaay better when it comes to problems like that.

A little bit, yeah. You also have more travel right? Like 2" or something? Now multiple that problem significantly more.
I'm new to all this. Lifting. Off road performance. And I'll be getting the OME kit regardless of the complaints just because it's the best I can get for the money I have to spend.
But from everything, everything I've read, on here and Tacoma World, that problem, the thud, is far worse with OME nitro chargers than any other brand. If you're saying that your Fox are just as bad then you either bought a crap pair or.....
There are plenty of people who have owned both and won't hesitate to tell you that Fox is waaaay better when it comes to problems like that.

Fox and King extended travel shocks only give you 7/8" more travel.

OME shocks are Fox/King/Icon coilovers are 2 different animals.

What make foxes special?
Top out is top out right?

I had 5100's all around on the other truck, stock coils. This truck is getting a winch so I thought I'd get something more heavy duty. Hmmm...

Back