OME Suspension Kit selection tool

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by vwgtiturbo, Mar 22, 2018.

1. vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo Well-Known Member

Using the OME Suspension Kit tool on their website, you select year, make, and model of vehicle (but don't select the submodel, like SR5/PreRunner/4x4/etc.). So, for my '05 (Prerunner), the "recommended kit" states that it'll give 55mm lift in the front, and 50mm in the rear.

What I wonder is: are these lift numbers referencing stock Tacoma SR5 height as 0? I mean, the Prerunner is already lifted relative to an SR5; will 2 inches of lift simply get me the same height as I currently sit? Or, do we assume that "nobody would lift an SR5; the numbers are relative to Prerunner/4x4"?

Sorry for the noob question; just figured I'd ask here before messaging ARB.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

If you are talking about 5 lug SR5 vs 6 lug trucks (SR5, prerunner or 4wd) then you need almost 3 to get to stock 6 lug height. The suspension is different and the 6 lug products will not work with a 5 lug.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. OP
    vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo Well-Known Member

Alright, so it's likely safe to assume that the numbers referenced are relative to any of the 6 lug variants. Naturally, I'll message them to confirm, but wanted to poke the bushes here to see if I was of my rocker, or whether it was a legitimate question. Thanks!

whippersnapper02 likes this.