OR17TRD’s 2017 DCLB Off-road

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by OR17TRD, Jan 9, 2018.

1. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

I didn't know you had a build page... I didn't know you had a truck......:p

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That’s interesting. I haven’t heard that. Do you have a link or article on that?

4. OP
    OR17TRD

Haha. I just started it. I’ve been thinking about starting a build page for a while so when I start doing more to my truck I have somewhere to keep it.

Bogunn and 4wd like this.
  5. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're taking on the power house team of Daystar & Rough Country...:D:p

6. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Every great notion starts with a thought.....

( I honestly don't know what that statement means , but it sounded cool so i threw it in )

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OP
    OR17TRD

8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. I may throw a screen protector on the Entune.

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. OP
    OR17TRD

10. OP
    OR17TRD

Tacoma lunar halo B637ACD6-68C4-40FE-B2E9-B3CDAC0C4B8D.jpeg

11. OP
    OR17TRD

Got some new accessories for the tow hitch. 68C7FAE2-99E9-4E5A-8974-608A282B8B81.jpeg

Reese Towpower 21793 Class III Interlock Ball Mount
    https://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-21793-Class-Interlock/dp/B000CQOIQ4

Reese Towpower 7060400 2" Black Nickel Carbon Forged Interlock Hitch Ball
    https://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-7060400-Nickel-Interlock/dp/B00ANAMBZ4

Master lock locking pin https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-Receiver-Receivers-2866DATSC/dp/B0009V1WS4

FC897FF2-17A7-4AE5-9F83-4E01DD0FE2A0.jpeg Smitty recovery shackle receiver https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-29312B-Receiver-Shackle-Receivers/dp/B001CF1A7O

Bogunn likes this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Fancy. Looks good.
    I really like the recovery hitch.

OR17TRD likes this.
  13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

RenderedContent-E1208D56-C9DF-428F-8AE5-A1E7FD59B7B0.JPG
    My cheap Reese step is still holding up after a year. And fairly regular use.

Toki and OR17TRD like this.
  14. OP
    OR17TRD

I don’t tow a lot and this is rated for 5k lbs. I use my bed a lot and I’ve got the OEM bed step which I am very use to using and would highly recommend. I don’t think I could have a truck without one now.
    I’ve been looking for a receiver for a while and had those in my amazon cart. The price on the ball and the receiver dropped to $26 for both. The receiver has a 3 1/4” inch drop. I wanted a ball that wasn’t chrome because my black and white theme I’ve got going on. I also had that smitty recovery hook in my cart and it dropped to $26 so I snagged it and the price jumped back to $33. The master lock was $12.

Bogunn likes this.
  15. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I don’t tow much either. But do use the bed regularly. That’s why I like the Reese step.
    I would like to have the bed step but I don’t want to pay $180+ for it. I know yours came on the truck though.

16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

@Bojangles and Dug must be cuddled up in their snuggies watching the Handmaiden’s Tales (or whatever that was he was promoting).

Bojangles and OR17TRD like this.
  17. OP
    OR17TRD

I paid a lot more than that because it was on the truck. It was $300 on the invoice.

Bogunn likes this.
  18. OP
    OR17TRD

How cute you remembered.

Bojangles and Bogunn like this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Wowza. That’s a lot. Oh well, I’m sure you got a lot of other stuff in the deal with a fair price. You seem like a solid negotiator.

OR17TRD likes this.
  20. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You just ruined my jab at Jangles by calling it cute.

21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Just to keep the streak alive.

Attached Files: