Other Tacoma Driver's

You have to look for people who either have stock trucks and are working on which they will way at you or look for people who have custom tacos to wave at

Actually see a lot of Taco's around the area i live and when ever driving about...must be Tacoma haven here !! lmao :laughing:

I live in jersey, the only waving going on around here is with the middle finger.:laughing:

I live in jersey, the only waving going on around here is with the middle finger.:laughing:

Yeah I have to say I felt like doing this to a Silver DCSB PreRunner today as he proceeded to cut me off when I was driving home today. Came close to hitting my front end when he did. No blinker, pulled up next to me then gunned it and swerved. Idiot. :mad:

I'm guessing other Tacoma owners around here are jealous that I'm modifying mine and it looks better than their stock ones.

Yeah I have to say I felt like doing this to a Silver DCSB PreRunner today as he proceeded to cut me off when I was driving home today. Came close to hitting my front end when he did. No blinker, pulled up next to me then gunned it and swerved. Idiot. :mad:

I'm guessing other Tacoma owners around here are jealous that I'm modifying mine and it looks better than their stock ones.

I'll have to say byrd that u do a good job at keepin your rig in tip top condition :thumbsup:..im lookin in to gettin a skid plate for my truck...

I'll have to say byrd that u do a good job at keepin your rig in tip top condition :thumbsup:..im lookin in to gettin a skid plate for my truck...

Thanks Tacoma fan! I have learned that as long as you stay on top of the maintenance on these truck they will last you a long time. TRD Skid Plate part # at Toyota is PT212-35075 List 200.00 Net 180.00 Made in Canada. That is if your going that route. And that is what I paid $180 + tax. Comes with the longer front bolts. I saved my shorter bolts as I an looking at getting the 2nd factory plate which covers the oil pan and clutch housing. Part # 51406A in diagram. Runs about a $100. Holes are already drilled & tapped. Have to pick up 2 more bolts as well. The front one comes stock on all taco's and it stays on when you add the TRD skid over it.
I'm not building a rock crawler since really no rocks in Kansas but plenty of branches, hills & dirt. Still be my DD as well. Not sure on the fuel tank skid parts are pretty expensive from Toyota on that one over $300 for everything, may go a fab route I know a few welders. One guy I know comes in and does stainless fab for my work. Need to chat with him next time he's in.

511166E.jpg

It's something I do all the time with other boaters on the water, but being in SoCal I probably see 50-100 tacomas everyday I drive. If I pull up next to someone with a nice tacoma at the light, or at the gas pump, etc. I'll tell them nice truck, and people do the same, other wise no

does anyone wave to other Tacoma drivers that they see on the highway :laughing:

Not exactly on the highway but today on a side street close to my ex-wife's house (I had just left there), a guy in a sharp looking red 2nd gen Access Cab TRD waved at me as I was waiting for him to go by so I could turn. I watched where he went and assume he lives at the house he pulled into. I'll drive by again someday and see if he does and talk Taco's with him. Of course I waved back. 1st guy in KC to do so. :thumbsup:

If I had the time I would of just followed him then & there but was pressed for time.

The other day, a guy in a tundra gave me a thumbs up. I waved. He had the same theme as me. MGM paint, black rims and plasti-dipped chrome

Thanks Tacoma fan! I have learned that as long as you stay on top of the maintenance on these truck they will last you a long time. TRD Skid Plate part # at Toyota is PT212-35075 List 200.00 Net 180.00 Made in Canada. That is if your going that route. And that is what I paid $180 + tax. Comes with the longer front bolts. I saved my shorter bolts as I an looking at getting the 2nd factory plate which covers the oil pan and clutch housing. Part # 51406A in diagram. Runs about a $100. Holes are already drilled & tapped. Have to pick up 2 more bolts as well. The front one comes stock on all taco's and it stays on when you add the TRD skid over it.
I'm not building a rock crawler since really no rocks in Kansas but plenty of branches, hills & dirt. Still be my DD as well. Not sure on the fuel tank skid parts are pretty expensive from Toyota on that one over $300 for everything, may go a fab route I know a few welders. One guy I know comes in and does stainless fab for my work. Need to chat with him next time he's in.

511166E.jpg
That plate now has a list of 274$

ummmmm......jay.......I think byrd may be gone. This is 10+ years old.

A helpful hint. In the upper left corner of a post is the date the post was created.

Good Luck

I found that gen2 skid plate overcover he was yapping about a smooth item

Back