Paint issue

Anyone else have a 2019 tacoma and have kinda different feel of the paint at the bottom of the body? Paint is smooth all over the truck but along the entire truck along the Byron where splash from the road would come up is textured in one spot it looks like clear coat air bubbles. I’m planning on taking back for that issue but wanted to see about the rest of the truck if anyone else has same thing like it might be normal. Thanks for any help.

Actually just found out it’s normal for the textured part to protect from rocks chips. So just the air bubbles are an issue I guess.
Yup, the texture is normal. I have a 2015 and it’s textured about 3” up. The cab has the texture and the the portion of the bed in front of the rear wheel has it but not behind the wheel. The air bubbles sound like a problem, or at least a potential problem.

Take another pic but back up a bit, they all have the textured finish along the bottom. My 13 does, and it's not air bubbles.

That is normal. My 16’ is like that too. Not necessarily to “protect” against rocks but more to mask rocks that would fly up and damage the paint

Back