Painting chrome grille

RescueDog

I am already thinking ahead and want to color match my chrome grille trim to match body color (Super White). Has anyone in the group done this and can give some help? I have been checking out Dupli-Color but am wondering if this is the way to go. I don't really want to replace a new grille so would like to paint it but do not have a lot of body work experience.

I am already thinking ahead and want to color match my chrome grille trim to match body color (Super White). Has anyone in the group done this and can give some help? I have been checking out Dupli-Color but am wondering if this is the way to go. I don't really want to replace a new grille so would like to paint it but do not have a lot of body work experience.
It's all in the prep. Scuff up the chrome really good, adhesion promoter, primer, paint and clear coat. You can polish it out once it's cured. You could also look into plasti dip. The white is a pretty good match.

If you go with plastidip, all you really have to do is clean the surface really well (dirt, bugs). Pretty simple process, I'd recommend at least 5 or 6 coats, 15min dry time between coats.

The bro part atleast. I had separated the logo from the grill and the grill from the chrome frame so I wouldn't get over spray anywhere

Back