"Painting" my truck...

Never thought about the weight. A matte black spray might look okay and make the sheet metal really strong. I saw a segment on Myth Busters where they sprayed a beater with the stuff and could not dent it with a sledge hammer.

9.5 - 9.6 lbs per gallon per RL's site.
That's probably the wet weight, dried is probably a little less.
Even if you used 10 gallons which you won't that's 96lbs disperses over the entire truck. No different than having a small passenger riding with you. Two 10gallon gas cans full weighs more.
Sure it's extra weight but not hundreds of lbs.

Thinking of repainting my truck, but instead of paint... Bedliner, or Line-x/rhino line.
(Whatever that rough stuff is called)
Pros? Cons? Cost? Durability?
As far as looks I'm sure it would look good after it was first done but after a year or more not so much.
It would be durable.
Who cares if no one else likes it. If it's what you want and you like it do it. If you do it post some pictures and let us know how much it cost.

So...have you seen this done? Do you know Kuffer14?????
I helped a neighbors friend out for a few months in his spray on bed liner shop. I worked in there for the summer while I was on college break. We did mostly beds but we did a few of them all the way.
Should I know Kuffer14?????

I helped a neighbors friend out for a few months in his spray on bed liner shop. I worked in there for the summer while I was on college break. We did mostly beds but we did a few of them all the way.
Should I know Kuffer14?????
Yeah this guy had a lot of guys waiting on him to get back to them on the particulars...how much to use and so on. Funny stuff...

So would 4 gallons cover a DCSB?
Some variables... Depends on what material/brand you are using. Depends on how thick you put it on.
He used line-x and it took about 3 gallons give or take to do a bed depending on size. We would use about 8-9 gallons to do an entire truck outside. Some of them more, some less depending on size and bed size or no bed (SUV or car) more if you where doing inside and out. Some customer wanted it thicker, some didn't care.
It's put on thicker 1/8-1/4" in the bed due to the use. Thinner coat 1/32" thick on the outside of the vehicle still very durable.
Since the bed of the Tacoma is already good to go and if you where doing the outside of the truck only. I would say 4-5 would probably do it. Again depends on how thick you want it and what brand you're using. Put it on thin you could probably get it done with less. You could use 20 gallons if you wanted to. That would add some weight.

Back