Pandora volume too low when using Entune. Wireless card for charging phone.battery

SDP1114

I just purchased a 2017 TRD Sport 4x4 Tacoma in Quicksand color. It's beautiful or at least I think so. I had a few problems setting up Entune and wanted to share the fix. Toyota provides numerous applications on the premium package stereo to include Pandora Internet Radio and others. I secured a free subscription and downloaded the app to my Samsung GS3 phone which is a required procedure to use this feature in your Taco. I'm new to Pandora but it was easy building a custom music station list which is picked up by Entune and played. The problem I found and I'm not the only one having this problem is that the volume was very low, so low that it was barely useable. I called Entune customer support and they informed that my old model GS3 is not supported by Entune and that the Samsung GS6 is the minimum device recommended. This is false as my GS3 is fully functionally with Entune in every way. What I found is that bluetooth broadcasts both voice and media volume information to the head unit. The problem is that my phone had never been configured for an external device. Yes I'm an old fart. So the fix is to press the settings button from your home screen in the lower left corner of your phone, this is true for most all older Galaxy phones and select bluetooth you will see "Toyota Tacoma Paired" and a settings wheel icon next to it. Press the wheel and make sure both voice and media boxes are checked. Next turn up the volume to max on your phone then reboot your phone and test it out in your truck. It should work fine...word of warning you can't use the pull down menu on the phone and access bluetooth it will not allow you to make the necessary selections.
Also for $9.99 on Amazon you can buy a wireless card that fits under the back cover on all these Samsung phones which allows you to use the wireless charging feature.
Regardless of what I have heard about Entune it works wonderfully for me. Good luck!

Last edited:
I just purchased a 2017 TRD Sport 4x4 Tacoma in Quicksand color. It's beautiful or at least I think so. I had a few problems setting up Entune and wanted to share the fix. Toyota provides numerous applications on the premium package stereo to include Pandora Internet Radio and others. I secured a free subscription and downloaded the app to my Samsung GS3 phone which is a required procedure to use this feature in your Taco. I'm new to Pandora but it was easy building a custom music station list which is picked up by Entune and played. The problem I found and I'm not the only one having this problem is that the volume was very low. so low that it was barely useable. I called Entune customer support and they informed that my old model GS3 is not supported by Entune and that the Samsung GS6 is the minimum device recommended. This is false as my GS3 is fully functionally with Entune in every way. What I found is that bluetooth broadcasts both voice and media volume information to the head unit. The problem is that my phone had never been configured for an external device. Yes I'm an old fart. So the fix is the press the settings button from your home screen in the lower left corner of your phone, this is true for most all older Galaxy phones and select bluetooth you will see "Toyota Tacoma Paired" and a settings wheel icon next to it. Press the wheel and make sure both voice and media boxes are checked. Next turn up the volume to max on your phone then reboot your phone and test it out in your truck. It should work fine...word on warning you can't use the pull down menu on the phone and access bluetooth it will not allow you to make the necessary selections.
Also for $9.99 on Amazon you can buy a wireless card that fits under the back cover on all these Samsung phones which allows you to use the wireless charging feature.
Regardless of what I have heard about Entune it works wonderfully for me. Good luck!
Good write up. Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the forum.

Back