Passenger airbag “Stuck”

I have a 2004 Tacoma and the model where I can manually turn the Passenger airbag “ On, Off”.
Yesterday I was messing with it and as I turned it to the off position it then got stuck and will no longer turn

What I have tried...........
Getting a Copy if the original Worn down key

Getting a Vin Cut Key

Cleaning the lock

NOTHING WORKS!!!

I have a 2004 Tacoma and the model where I can manually turn the Passenger airbag “ On, Off”.
Yesterday I was messing with it and as I turned it to the off position it then got stuck and will no longer turn

Getting a Vin Cut Key

Cleaning the lock

NOTHING WORKS!!!
Welcome to the forum. You cleaned the lock how?
Like @Bogunn suggested lubrication can help.
Sometimes wiggling the key and finding that sweet spot can work.
Not that you would want to but sometimes a new cut key needs to be sanded down just a little and polished you can use some 0-0-0 steel wool for that. Wipe it down good before you use it so there is no debris on it if you do try that.

Last edited:
Is it charged?

No,[emoji20][emoji20]. Because my airbag stoped working I had to invest in some “Memory Foam Sheets”, I lined my dash with them and it set me back $LOTS$$. Because of that I no longer have money to pay my electricity bill therefore I can’t charge my GoPro.

**UPDATE**
................I attempted to plug my GoPro in the USB port in my Taco. Doing so resulted in my windshield wipers becoming Short circuited and now are Stuck Half Wipe on my windshield

No,[emoji20][emoji20]. Because my airbag stoped working I had to invest in some “Memory Foam Sheets”, I lined my dash with them and it set me back $LOTS$$. Because of that I no longer have money to pay my electricity bill therefore I can’t charge my GoPro.

**UPDATE**
................I attempted to plug my GoPro in the USB port in my Taco. Doing so resulted in my windshield wipers becoming Short circuited and now are Stuck Half Wipe on my windshield

Are your wipers truly stuck? Lol. Talk about bad luck.
Like @OR17TRD said, sand the key down some and clean the debris off. The old key may be too worn to turn the tumblers and the new may be too jagged.
Or you can do the memory foam and helmet plan. Whatever seems more logical to you. Lol.

**UPDATE**
Check fuses

Getting a Vin Cut Key

Cleaning the lock

NOTHING WORKS!!!
Have you tried a little WD-40 in the key slot?

Back