Passenger Seat Rattle

My dad had the dealership repaint an entire truck cause they scratch a side horribly, but that was GMC and he just called the corporate office and had a 3 hour talk about how the staff is "incompetent and uneducated"

Damn I need your dad to have a little chat with my dealership! Hahaha

I spoke to a mechanic at or dealership, and he cant advise unless he sees a vehicle, so the best i can do is attach a seat schematic to give you an idea whatseat schematic.png is going on inside with all the parts.

Okay so I took it to the dealership yesterday and he didn't say much and kinda dodged my questions but said he ordered a piece for the seats frame.. I'm not sure if that means that when they were doing the leather swap they took a part off and never put it back on or what. It's supposed to come in in a few days so I'll try to get more answers when I go back up there.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1438283101.201623.jpg this is the part the dealership ordered to fix the seat rattle. Hopefully this fixes it. Warranty covered it, now I just have to wait and see once it comes in.

Okay so I know that I'm a little late, but I finally got it fixed. Dealerships were a pain in the ass and were no help so I just now got around to fixing it myself. My rattle was coming from the handles on the back of the seat for the fold down table (stupid as hell imo). I took apart all of the plastic around the seat and found the pin. I simply cut a washer in half and wedged it behind the loose pin and ta-da. No more rattle. The little pin that is behind the spring is what is loose and it started to make a divot in the bracket which is why the rattling seems to get worse over time. Hopefully this helps ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1467303398.601727.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1467303409.018796.jpg

Okay so I know that I'm a little late, but I finally got it fixed. Dealerships were a pain in the ass and were no help so I just now got around to fixing it myself. My rattle was coming from the handles on the back of the seat for the fold down table (stupid as hell imo). I took apart all of the plastic around the seat and found the pin. I simply cut a washer in half and wedged it behind the loose pin and ta-da. No more rattle. The little pin that is behind the spring is what is loose and it started to make a divot in the bracket which is why the rattling seems to get worse over time. Hopefully this helps View attachment 9404View attachment 9405
Could you be more detailed like exactly where and what pin for us pinheads?

Back