Pedal Commander on the way

I've read alot of good things about these. 3rd gen owners say it makes a difference. Let us know what you think

Odd thing with my truck is that the pause is almost undetectable until I have to pull out into fast-moving traffic. It's almost like it can sense the 'need for speed' and it shows it's face the most then.

Pedal Commander arrived. Tried to install it yesterday, too cold (34 degrees and 18-25 mph winds). Old fingers don't work in cold weather. Don't work too damn well in hot weather either.

Today is better weather. I'll unbolt the gas pedal and then remove the wire. Can't get into position to press the clip and have room for the other hand to pull the plug. Glad I'm not 6'8".

Pedal commander installed. Removed the gas pedal as I had mentioned. Much easier. Busy, will try it out Sunday for a bit.

The unit performs as it was intended. City setting is the most useful, at least to me. I tried all of the settings, and all had a very noticeable effect on the performance of the truck. However, even on the -4 setting of the city setting, the sensitivity of the gas pedal was too high for my liking.

So, to cut my losses, I have removed the pedal commander from my truck and am listing it for sale for $125, including shipping to the lower 48 states. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Here are my thoughts on the pedal commander. Imagine that the accelerator operates from 0-100%. The stock pedal eases into the first 25% or so but becomes more aggressive as you increase the % of acceleration. NOW remember I am basing this on a Manual transmission so the effected results may be different on a AT. First there is a considerable effect on the accelerator. I was hoping for results that make the truck feel like a traditional drive by cable without the drive by wire lag or programming. Instead, it feels like the accelerator jumps from 0-25% very fast. Obviously the more aggressive the setting the faster this happens. In sport or sport+ mode it makes the 0-25% so fast that clutching feels jumpy. I am saying 1/8” movement of the pedal feels like 1/4 throttle instantly. SO do I regret the $299.00 purchase? NO. Do I use the commander daily, NO. Awesome for off-road aggressive response or whipping a $hitty in the snow but overall the progressive response vers jump is better for every day driving. Remember this does nothing for you except increase response but it truly seems like the progression of the response could have been programmed better. You can see how I mounted mine. Again NO regrets just thought about how they achieve the no lag thing. 10784899392_IMG_5574.jpg

Cool. What does the Tampa Bay Lightning switch do on your set of controls?
Here are my thoughts on the pedal commander. Imagine that the accelerator operates from 0-100%. The stock pedal eases into the first 25% or so but becomes more aggressive as you increase the % of acceleration. NOW remember I am basing this on a Manual transmission so the effected results may be different on a AT. First there is a considerable effect on the accelerator. I was hoping for results that make the truck feel like a traditional drive by cable without the drive by wire lag or programming. Instead, it feels like the accelerator jumps from 0-25% very fast. Obviously the more aggressive the setting the faster this happens. In sport or sport+ mode it makes the 0-25% so fast that clutching feels jumpy. I am saying 1/8” movement of the pedal feels like 1/4 throttle instantly. SO do I regret the $299.00 purchase? NO. Do I use the commander daily, NO. Awesome for off-road aggressive response or whipping a $hitty in the snow but overall the progressive response vers jump is better for every day driving. Remember this does nothing for you except increase response but it truly seems like the progression of the response could have been programmed better. You can see how I mounted mine. Again NO regrets just thought about how they achieve the no lag thing. View attachment 28186

Back