Plastic drop in liners

B.C.

The plastic drop in box liners, preferably the under rail style, are any better than the others?
I run them in the winter so its nice and slippery, and generally pull it out in the summer and just use a rubbed mat on the bottom of the bed.
Before you all ask why, the slippery is good for loading the sled into. Traction is really really bad, unless you like flying over the handle bars and roof and bouncing off the hood of your own pickup.
All those people who may think that I am joking...when i was young and even dumber than I am now, i loaded a sled into a pickup truck with a grippy spray in liner. While i didn't do a superman over the roof of the truck, it did smack me into the bars. Really difficult to unload as well. Those slippery, hard to walk on ones are the way to go. A couple shovels full of snow on top, and go for it.

I don't understand what you're trying to get at. The bed in mine is already some sort of plastic and slippery as hell, I put a rubber bed mat in just to keep things under control.

I don't understand what you're trying to get at. The bed in mine is already some sort of plastic and slippery as hell, I put a rubber bed mat in just to keep things under control.

I don't want the ski carbides to slice the bed all to crap loading and unloading my sled. Should see what my 3 year old plastic bed liners look like in every pickup truck I've had from the skis. I put on aggressive carbides so it turns better...but they cut stuff up pretty badly.

Last edited:

I don't want the ski carbides to slice the bed all to crap loading and unloading my sled. Should see what my 3 year old plastic bed liners look like in every pickup truck I've had from the skis. I put on aggressive carbides so it turns better...but the cut stuff up pretty badly.

Back