please read! need help on tire sizing!

i have an 08 tacoma TRD Sport. i put a leveling kit on it a few years ago. it’s either a 2 inch or 2.5 inch on the front and 1 inch in the rear. currently running stock 17in rims and 265/70/17s. i want to run 285/70/17s. will i need new rims or a 1.25 spacer. i know i’ll probably have to cut the fender liner, just want to make sure they won’t rub on anything else! any responses appreciated! thanks yall!

i have an 08 tacoma TRD Sport. i put a leveling kit on it a few years ago. it’s either a 2 inch or 2.5 inch on the front and 1 inch in the rear. currently running stock 17in rims and 265/70/17s. i want to run 285/70/17s. will i need new rims or a 1.25 spacer. i know i’ll probably have to cut the fender liner, just want to make sure they won’t rub on anything else! any responses appreciated! thanks yall!
The height will be ok with the kit you have. The stock wheels are 17x7.5 +30 offset. The tires are to wide for the set up on a Tacoma. I never suggest wheel spacers. If you are responsible and know they require maintenance you can make that call.
I would find a set of wheels you like. I suggest 17x8 with a 0 offset.
At this time you could also opt for 285/75/16’s and get 16x8.5 -6 offset. Both of those options are good.

I also suggest getting an alignment.

will either one of those options make the tires stick out any further. i would like for them to be out a little more than flush with the fender

will either one of those options make the tires stick out any further. i would like for them to be out a little more than flush with the fender
The 285/75/16 16x8.5 -6 offset is going to stick out a little further from stock. 1.82387” to be exact.

The 285/70/17 on 17x8 O offset will be 1.584156” further out than stock.

Water

Back