Plug n play headlights

tacodl

Does anybody run these plug n play led or hid set ups in their truck? Was wondering if there was a certain brand to buy

I’ve never had problems with my HID setup and have had it for a while already. People have problems with the 55 watt kits which run too hot which shortens the life of the ballast. I’ve always ran 35 watt kits after my first 55 kit took a **** in my ranger. I love my lights they are 6k and super bright i don’t really care to much for projection [emoji23]

I’ve never had problems with my HID setup and have had it for a while already. People have problems with the 55 watt kits which run too hot which shortens the life of the ballast. I’ve always ran 35 watt kits after my first 55 kit took a **** in my ranger. I love my lights they are 6k and super bright i don’t really care to much for projection [emoji23]

55 also wash out color since they are being overpowered.

Does anybody run these plug n play led or hid set ups in their truck? Was wondering if there was a certain brand to buy

2nd gen tacoma?

Ur gunna have a ton of scatter and blind others. Unless u have a good projector lense.

Or ur gunna be that guy who says "i aimed my down". Not realizing u fubard your distance vision due to ur pupils constricting due to the overly bright nearfield light.

I have a 55w hid kit. It's on my 3rd gen with projector lights. They have been in for about 4-5 months now and working great. Have not had an issue with them yet.

I have a 55w hid kit. It's on my 3rd gen with projector lights. They have been in for about 4-5 months now and working great. Have not had an issue with them yet.

Output shouldnt be an issue with projectors.

Trs older version of the h1 projector i think had issues with overheating the surrounds at 55watts

You have an internal steel shield which keeps the cutoff crisp and doesnt scatter, as well as controls the step and should allow a tad higher beam on the right side of each beam for reading signs, while retaining lower cutoff on the left to lessen the blinding of oncoming traffic... atleast in a left hand drive vehicle thats how it works.

That’s good to hear. Most 55w used to have a ton of issues. I guess the technology is advancing and quality is catching up.

That’s good to hear. Most 55w used to have a ton of issues. I guess the technology is advancing and quality is catching up.

Bulbs are still being over powered leading to a shorter lifespan unless someone specifically addressed this recently. The 55watt kits for years were always 35watt bulbs pushed by a 55watt ballast.

Bulbs are still being over powered leading to a shorter lifespan unless someone specifically addressed this recently. The 55watt kits for years were always 35watt bulbs pushed by a 55watt ballast.

Each to their own, I truly have no issues with the stock lights on the gen three’s, or the gen two’s I owned. I love the OEM fog lights on the gen threes.

2nd gen tacoma?

Ur gunna have a ton of scatter and blind others. Unless u have a good projector lense.

Or ur gunna be that guy who says "i aimed my down". Not realizing u fubard your distance vision due to ur pupils constricting due to the overly bright nearfield light.

It’s a 12 taco right now I’m running the zxe

Its factual sadly.
On second gens without a projector u have scatter.That isnt a thought, thats just the design.

You cannot expect a reflector bowl engineered to control the consistant pattern of a filament to act the same with an arc from an hid. Its just not in the design properties.

We shall agree to respectfully disagree.

I’m so confused [emoji52]. Who are you disagreeing with. Lol!

Back