Portable Jump Starter - lithium ion

OR17TRD

I’ve been thinking about getting one of these lithium ion portable jump starter packs. I have a larger jump starter pack but it’s getting old. It’s heavy and bulky, not something you’d just leave in the truck. I have jumper cables but they are a PITA. I’ve probably been asked to jump start someone’s vehicle at least a dozen times in the last 2 years.
Anyone have one of these? Any recommendations on a good one? I’d like to keep it under $100. Less than $60 would be even better. I was looking at this one on amazon. $59.99 right now with coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-19200mAh-Portable-Starter-Flashlight/dp/B07DWSYYZR

I do not personally have it, but looked at the link. Mixed reviews, but may work well. Remember to keep it charged up, and probably be fine. Should be good for charging your cell phone when camping as well.
I carry a large Dewalt jumper pack in the boat now, been stranded far from anything before ;) it is large, so not what you want.
B has a little Genius battery jump battery she carries in her car. It works well, and I used it to jump start my motorbike recently. Bring it inside monthly even if not used, and charge it though.

I received a Halo Bolt 58830 for Christmas 3 years ago.
I have used it several times to jump others. Never failed. Holds a charge faithfully for a year or more.
Blinding flashlight. Never used the USB or AC outlet.
They run around $100 on Amazon.
I don’t recommend products much, but this is one that I definitely would. [emoji106]

Mine looks exactly like that one only its not a Viking, the face plate is identical just a different name. Ive had it for 6 years now and used it several times, on everyone else's vehicles except mine. Its never failed to work as advertised. The reason I got it in the first place was that one of the socalled mechanics where my wife works used her van to jumpstart soneone else's vehicle and toasted her alternator, luckily it was still under warranty and they replaced it. I told her under NO circumstances was that to happen again, period.
Harbor Freight,,, I think the Amazon one OR17TRD is looking at may have a little more power for starting but this one has worked for me.
Charge ports,all accessories And a super brute FlashlightView attachment 30184

Hey OR17TRD, I bought this from Amazon
I've had it for about three years now

STANLEY FATMAX J7CS Portable Power Station Jump Starter: 700 Peak/350 Instant Amps

91lFEH%2B9rLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I bought this one 2 years ago, and I had jump start so many cars and trucks with it. T
People always ask me, are you going to jump start my car with that little thing? And yes, they can't believe it.

Here is the link and is on sale for 49.99 + 20% discount now.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076PR52Z7/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_.OcXEb6QJ5XBPView attachment 30211
That’s a good deal. Probably be great for smaller engines. It says it can jump up to a 4.5L gas and nothing about diesel. Problem Id have is my 5.7L gas and I help a guy around his property that has heavy equipment diesels that tend to require jump starts from time to time. Tired of having to drag the giant jump box out to them. Or get my truck close enough for cables. Haha

That’s a good deal. Probably be great for smaller engines. It says it can jump up to a 4.5L gas and nothing about diesel. Problem Id have is my 5.7L gas and I help a guy around his property that has heavy equipment diesels that tend to require jump starts from time to time. Tired of having to drag the giant jump box out to them. Or get my truck close enough for cables. Haha
I've been eyeballing these little jump packs too... I've had this one in the cart for a while but, ya know, I probably won't order it until after I needed it... lolScreenshot_20200521-080253_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

I have a cheap no name that has worked for years but it cranks larger engines slowly and it lives in the GTO. I went with a Noco GB150 that I daily carry in the 4Runner. I'll replace the no name with a Noco at some point.
This one? Looks like a beast. Lol

NOCO Boost HD GB150 4000 Amp 12-Volt Ultra Safe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack For Up To 10-Liter Gasoline And Diesel Engines https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015TKSSB8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_02PXEb6MK58NB

This one? Looks like a beast. Lol

NOCO Boost HD GB150 4000 Amp 12-Volt Ultra Safe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack For Up To 10-Liter Gasoline And Diesel Engines https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015TKSSB8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_02PXEb6MK58NB

It's way bigger than I thought (that's what she said) so when the massive box arrived I immediately thought about returning it. I never did and just keep it in the back. It doesn't fit under a seat or anything.

They always go on sale. It was $168 after taxes around December.

I had an old bike when I was young that I bought witha bad battery and it had to be bump started just to test ride.
Took me 6 months to get the money saved up for a new battery for it, I was so used to bump starting it by then, I often found myself still doing so even after putting the battery in. Sometimes I miss the good old days...money is nice sure, but there was something charming in a way about being broke, buying junk, slowly fixing it up, and scrounging around for change to buy 3 bucks of gas to take a girlfriend for a short ride. I had a date with a new girl one Saturday night, had zero money, so i went around the neighborhood asking people if they wanted their lawns mowed or other chores. By 7pm Saturday night i had gas money for my bike, and enough to take her for a milkshake and fries. We had a lot of fun.

Back