Post your truck off-road

Why Cheap Jeep video on a Toyota site??? They are built like **** and have terrible parts life!

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum
So first of all, I know this is a Toyota site, however JEEPS are NOT built like ****, a Rubicon is the MOST capable 4WD Truck you can purchase and their parts life for what they can do are NOT terrible. Please know what your talking about before bashing Jeeps. I'm sure there are other owners of Jeeps and Tacoma's on here that will agree. (And please note i'm talking about the RUBICON version Jeep). Jeep resale value's are as good or better than Taco's for a reason.....because of their versatile usage, offroad-capabilities and relative easy parts and mechanical repair, rebuild and replace functions.

One more thing... I LOVE my 4WD Tacoma, however, stock rubicon jeep against stock Tacoma offroad package would not even be CLOSE. This is NOT debatable....biggest reason for those who most definitely disagree is for one STRAIGHT AXLE (Dana 44) against IFS, and front and rear lockers with 4 to 1 transfer case, compared to just rear locker for Taco......ok, I'm done now...

So first of all, I know this is a Toyota site, however JEEPS are NOT built like ****, a Rubicon is the MOST capable 4WD Truck you can purchase and their parts life for what they can do are NOT terrible. Please know what your talking about before bashing Jeeps. I'm sure there are other owners of Jeeps and Tacoma's on here that will agree. (And please note i'm talking about the RUBICON version Jeep). Jeep resale value's are as good or better than Taco's for a reason.....because of their versatile usage, offroad-capabilities and relative easy parts and mechanical repair, rebuild and replace functions.

One more thing... I LOVE my 4WD Tacoma, however, stock rubicon jeep against stock Tacoma offroad package would not even be CLOSE. This is NOT debatable....biggest reason for those who most definitely disagree is for one STRAIGHT AXLE (Dana 44) against IFS, and front and rear lockers with 4 to 1 transfer case, compared to just rear locker for Taco......ok, I'm done now...
Bullshit, how many jeeps have you owned? What models? How many miles have you put on them? My ****ing FJ was wheeling with 150 jeeps in upstate NY on 285/75-16 BFG KO's 33's sliding right over rocks and stumps in the middle of the trails! Jeeps with 35" tires of all types were get the front straight axle hung up on all of **** on the trails. I had to keep helping winch the POS all ****ing day! So I've owned 22 vehicles driving more than 2,700,000 miles in all of them myself. I've got more experience than you'll EVER have so **** You!

The rubicon is not a truck. Just wanted to point that out.

I personally like jeeps. Off roaders are family no matter what your wheeling.
The ultimate reason I went with a Tacoma is the higher resale value, and that consumer complaints for jeeps outnumbered Tacoma 10-1.
I did years of research before making my buy (took years to save up the $20k down payment).
Jeeps are great, so are Tacomas. But Tacomas last longer, and you can haul your gear dude. Duh.

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

I personally like jeeps. Off roaders are family no matter what your wheeling.
The ultimate reason I went with a Tacoma is the higher resale value, and that consumer complaints for jeeps outnumbered Tacoma 10-1.
I did years of research before making my buy (took years to save up the $20k down payment).
Jeeps are great, so are Tacomas. But Tacomas last longer, and you can haul your gear dude. Duh.

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno
My comment was for the RUBICON only version JEEP. So the complaints for the other jeep versions is "noted".

20140926_145201.jpg
Bullshit, how many jeeps have you owned? What models? How many miles have you put on them? My ****ing FJ was wheeling with 150 jeeps in upstate NY on 285/75-16 BFG KO's 33's sliding right over rocks and stumps in the middle of the trails! Jeeps with 35" tires of all types were get the front straight axle hung up on all of **** on the trails. I had to keep helping winch the POS all ****ing day! So I've owned 22 vehicles driving more than 2,700,000 miles in all of them myself. I've got more experience than you'll EVER have so **** You!
I've owned many 4WD trucks, jeeps and not a Tacoma. You started the JEEP bashing.....I GUARANTEE your POS ****ing FJ would not outwheel my 04 RUBICON, stock , modified whatever. Read your magazines dude, their has been many head to head arguments on the same subject. And you didn't
You obviously didn't read my post, YOU started the bashing of jeeps first, and I said the RUBICON model. Your ****ing FJ would never out wheel my ****ing 04 Rubicon no matter what mods you had...and that's a fact jack. I've owned 4wd drives my whole life and build them myself.....Toyota's are great offroad vehicles, but out of the box, off the showroom floor with NO mods, you can't beat the JEEP RUBICON!!!! PERIOD.......then when you add MOD"S to the "RUBICON" you still aren't beating it with your POS FJ.........and riding in your battery powered four wheeler with plastic wheels for the 2 million miles doesn't count.....

Last edited:
When you want to run with the "real rock crawlers" and 4WD vehicles, just tell me when and where and we will see who pulls who out.....as you can see, I don't need a WINCH for my JEEP.

You decide for yourself which stock vehicle you would prefer out on the REAL trials....just saying...

Last edited:
Trail riding straight up mountain trails with trees on both sides is where we were. Not building rock Crawlllllllers. 2017 TRD Pro with its small lift and Crawl Control factory will dig itself buried to the frame out of sand. Locked Danas on the Jeep buried to its frame in sand and let's see if it crawls out. I'll stop at a Jeep dealer near my house tomorrow and find out what it comes with. I'll drive ovah your cute little jeep with the old 07 Taco I built up last year! Then pull them both with the 800 HP at the rear wheels Duramax I built! HaHa My first dig was a joke about jeep most Toyota guys would appreciate that's it. We all have our favorite vehicles we've owned who gives a ****. My 6'4" 275lbs. Ass won't fit in your pink plastic jeep, but, I'll try when you taking me rock crawling which I've never done.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464215746.438468.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464215810.627498.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464215852.999838.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464215886.537484.jpg
My son is on the FJ with a bunch crazy fun jeep people that were showing the mountain. Remember this as long as you enjoy whatever your doing **** what anyone else thinks.

Back