Post your truck off-road

Trail riding straight up mountain trails with trees on both sides is where we were. Not building rock Crawlllllllers. 2017 TRD Pro with its small lift and Crawl Control factory will dig itself buried to the frame out of sand. Locked Danas on the Jeep buried to its frame in sand and let's see if it crawls out. I'll stop at a Jeep dealer near my house tomorrow and find out what it comes with. I'll drive ovah your cute little jeep with the old 07 Taco I built up last year! Then pull them both with the 800 HP at the rear wheels Duramax I built! HaHa My first dig was a joke about jeep most Toyota guys would appreciate that's it. We all have our favorite vehicles we've owned who gives a ****. My 6'4" 275lbs. Ass won't fit in your pink plastic jeep, but, I'll try when you taking me rock crawling which I've never done.View attachment 9059View attachment 9060View attachment 9061View attachment 9062
My son is on the FJ with a bunch crazy fun jeep people that were showing the mountain. Remember this as long as you enjoy whatever your doing **** what anyone else thinks.
I like all 4WD vehicles, and like somebody else said, usually the people who build them then drive them are GOOD people regardless of what type of vehicle they drive. I have an affinity for Jeeps and just I guess overreacted to your comment on the jeeps. I would rather not argue and be cool about talking about offroading in general and realize everyone has their own preferences, but I won't bash anybody's preferences (unless provoked...ha ha). Thanks for being cool at the end of all of this and would love to go wheeling with you one day. I'm in the process now of modifying my Taco to see just how bad-ass I can make that thing......goodluck to you and for my part of being an ASSHOLE, I apologize....happy trails brother.

Why doesn't the FJ get to use off road tires to make a fair comparison in this video?
I mean I'm all for Toyotas. I just am not a fan of the fj. I'm my eyes it's not an off road machine like the Tacoma, or a modded tundra. Obviously jeeps have a **** ton of problems and break down a lot, but they're more fun than fj. But personally I just stick to my Tacoma. It's the best in my opinion

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464265691.834814.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464265708.602087.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464265793.663591.jpg
I've gotta tell you guys I had a blast with mine. It was a 2010 Trail Teams. Kinda like Jeeps Rubicon. BFG KO's from the factory not bad tires. The A-Trac was awesome got me up some lose rocks and gravel Guys without it couldn't get up. I put DOM bars in the rear 5 link .4 1/2" of rear lift. 3" springs with 1 1/2" rubber spacers jammed on top. Light Racing UCA's just Bilstein 5100's and OME 2885 springs . Ironman bumper, winch was a little 8000lbs. And that complete Ricochet 1/4" Aluminum skid kit underneath! Miss that thang! Put 188,000 in 3 years sold it because my son was going to college and was sure where he be accepted and how much it would cost! The Jeep guys showed me plenty of great things Wheelin my FJ with them!

I like all 4WD vehicles, and like somebody else said, usually the people who build them then drive them are GOOD people regardless of what type of vehicle they drive. I have an affinity for Jeeps and just I guess overreacted to your comment on the jeeps. I would rather not argue and be cool about talking about offroading in general and realize everyone has their own preferences, but I won't bash anybody's preferences (unless provoked...ha ha). Thanks for being cool at the end of all of this and would love to go wheeling with you one day. I'm in the process now of modifying my Taco to see just how bad-ass I can make that thing......goodluck to you and for my part of being an ASSHOLE, I apologize....happy trails brother.
I'm in Eastern PA . Where are you?

I mean I'm all for Toyotas. I just am not a fan of the fj. I'm my eyes it's not an off road machine like the Tacoma, or a modded tundra. Obviously jeeps have a **** ton of problems and break down a lot, but they're more fun than fj. But personally I just stick to my Tacoma. It's the best in my opinion
The FJ is a beast on the trails. I know silver will agree and I saw it first hand last year at the Toyota Roundup. It's odd because the guy leading our group on a 4 hour trail ride which turned into 8 was in an old jeep with no top or doors.

The FJ is a beast on the trails. I know silver will agree and I saw it first hand last year at the Toyota Roundup. It's odd because the guy leading our group on a 4 hour trail ride which turned into 8 was in an old jeep with no top or doors.
Nothing beats the Tacoma. But then again this is only my opinion. I'd still drive an fj

Nothing beats the Tacoma. But then again this is only my opinion. I'd still drive an fj
I agree. I'm looking to buy an FJ in the next couple of years as a toy. My Tacoma will be done next spring. I never had an interest in the FJ until I saw what they are capable of.

I'm in Eastern PA . Where are you?
I've wheeled at Rausch Creek and Paragon (before Paragon moved/closed) numerous times when I was stationed outside of Virginia. I will be heading back to the states this Jan. To Louisiana area. I will be bringing the Taco and the Jeep Rubi. Maybe I'll trust somebody to do my own versus series.....lol

Thank You for your Service! I wish all the people I hear complaining about who's running for President. Would actually register and vote! If for no other reason, the fact that those who serve lay down the life they were given for your right to freely vote. Be safe!

Back