Power outlet

Pop Off

Ok so I bought this truck because of the power outlet in the bed. My OL lady likes to go camping and sleep in the back of the truck. I thought we could plug in and electric blanket. Is there a way to make it work with the key in the off position?

Just a wag but I'm guessing no. I think your 110 is coming from your alternator and not your battery.

Needs to be powered by the alternator or your taco has no start power in the a.m plus why do u want a heated blanket campin do what i do when im at the duck marsh A. Sleep 2 in one bag (only if married god is watching) B. Sleep near a fire C. Pack lots of hot hands hand warmers D. And my favorite put lots of rocks near fire to get hot then outline your bag and they hold heat for hours and sleep on your back fat from the belly helps hold heat in and by the way a heated blanket is a TON EASIER

And the alt and batter both have the voltage to power it on its own the battery just cant for very long maybe a auxiliary battery to double power would help

Buy a couple of Artic sleeping bags. I have one and no matter how cold it gets I stay toasty warm almost to a point of sweating to death. I bought mine from Sears in '88 for $20 but I think they have gone up in price a little since then. :whistling2:

Back