Problem with low milleage tacoma search.

Changeling

Hello to all. I have been looking for a new Tacoma 1st gen TRD in awesome shape and received an email from someone who told me to look out for this:

The devastation done in New York and New Jersey by the hurricanes have left thousands of vehicles completely submerged in the ocean water for weeks.
Lots of low life salesman have bought up these vehicles and are trying to pass them off to the public. I never even thought about this till I received his email .

How does one find out or know if the vehicle he is thinking of purchasing has been one of these salt water soaked vehicles?
Is there a way to find out?

There was info about this very same situation on Motorweek. I believe they suggested checking under carpets, checking cab vents and checking underneath for water stains. Best thing to do is pay someone to look at it.

There was info about this very same situation on Motorweek. I believe they suggested checking under carpets, checking cab vents and checking underneath for water stains. Best thing to do is pay someone to look at it.

Thanks Sir, but that is something I will be doing. I'm not wealthy enough to hire those kind of people even if I knew who they were! With today's deodorisers it would be no problem for someone to mask odours somewhat temporally when someone is inspecting what they have for sale .

I was just trying to point out a potential problem/solution to buyers and myself.

Thanks Sir, but that is something I will be doing. I'm not wealthy enough to hire those kind of people even if I knew who they were! With today's deodorisers it would be no problem for someone to mask odours somewhat temporally when someone is inspecting what they have for sale .

I was just trying to point out a potential problem/solution to buyers and myself.

Buy one from down south or out west.

Carfax Report

Recommend looking into a vehicle history report. Any issues reported by insurance claims or mileage roll back will show up, all you need is the Vin#. Also if you buy pre-own certified they should offer only accident free vehicles as well.

Good luck on your search; check out cars.com as well...

http://www.carfax.com/free_carfax_reports.cfx

Back