Questions about wheels spaces and rims

1cgn

Ok new to Tacoma’s having purchased a 2018 double cab long box. Looking to make it look just a touch more beefier by moving stock wheels out a bit for a slightly wider stance. Considering what my options are and having very little experience with spacers/wheels/rims I thought I would ask the group.

If my understanding is correct my options are limited to 3:

1: add spacers to each wheel rotor to in essence move entire wheel and rim outwards
2: replace the stock rims with aftermarket rims
3: replace the tires with bigger tires

Keeping in mind that they are brand new tires replacing the rubber is out leaving option 1 and 2. What do I need to look at and understand if I decide to go the route of replacing the rims ?

Thanks in advance.

I kept the stock rims and used Spidertrax spacers. 10000 miles and no issues at all. Just check torque on them every tire rotation.

I like the improved stance. I may have to invest in some spaces now.
Just remember the way your tire sits will be different with spacers meaning the position it will be at, hence how big your tires are, what wheels you are running, what suspension you have and what weight you have will impact how your tire works in the new position (meaning rubbing issues)

Just remember the way your tire sits will be different with spacers meaning the position it will be at, hence how big your tires are, what wheels you are running, what suspension you have and what weight you have will impact how your tire works in the new position (meaning rubbing issues)
Thanks. I have after marker wheels, but all stock sizes so I shouldn't have any rubbing issues. I hope.

I took my wheels and tires off with 300 miles on them. Bought aftermarket wheels MB TKO 16x8.5” -6 offset ($110 ea.) which helped fit BFG KO2 285/75/16 tires. ($188 ea.) Got the entire set up through discount tires for $1270 (installed) after rebates and presidential day discounts came to $1020 Sold my new off-road wheels and Kevlar wranglers for $850 bringing my total for wheels and tires I wanted to $170 out of pocket.
How much do wheel spacers cost?

I took my wheels and tires off with 300 miles on them. Bought aftermarket wheels MB TKO 16x8.5” -6 offset ($110 ea.) which helped fit BFG KO2 285/75/16 tires. ($188 ea.) Got the entire set up through discount tires for $1270 (installed) after rebates and presidential day discounts came to $1020 Sold my new off-road wheels and Kevlar wranglers for $850 bringing my total for wheels and tires I wanted to $170 out of pocket.
How much do wheel spacers cost?
210 for all four

Back