Racking up miles

NapalmTRD

So I've been delivering hospice medications since early January and I've racked up over 7k miles doing it. I'm literally filling up my tank almost every day that ends in "y". In fact, it's been less than a week since I got the 15k done and I'm already halfway to the 20k. Although I have an option to use a company vehicle, the drawback is that I won't get paid for miles. So my truck makes that extra bling...
The purpose for this thread is to gather advice on getting acquainted with servicing my Taco. Now obviously there are going to be some things that are well worth taking it in to a dealership for, but I'd like to gain the experience and know-how with the rest.
I still have 2 free services remaining, but those will come up quick since I'm doing about 2k every week. So getting some knowledge early will help me better prepare for what I'll be up against when the time comes...
I'm already planning on replacing the spark plugs at 30k with titanium/iridium if the price is manageable, but I'm open to other opinions. Keep me posted guys!

Last edited:
So I've been delivering hospice medications since early January and I've racked up over 7k miles doing it. I'm literally filling up my tank almost every day that ends in "y". In fact, it's been less than a week since I got the 15k done and I'm already halfway to the 20k. Although I have an option to use a company vehicle, the drawback is that I won't get paid for miles. So my truck makes that extra bling...
The purpose for this thread is to gather advice on getting acquainted with servicing my Taco. Now obviously there are going to be some things that are well worth taking it in to a dealership for, but I'd like to gain the experience and know-how with the rest.
I still have 2 free services remaining, but those will come up quick since I'm doing about 2k every week. So getting some knowledge early will help me better prepare for what I'll be up against when the time comes...
I'm already planning on replacing the spark plugs at 30k with titanium/iridium if the price is manageable, but I'm open to other opinions. Keep me posted guys!
Personally I would love to hear some feedback on the spark plug replacement. One of my work trucks is a 08 Chevy 1500 with 260k and the plugs have never been replaced. Does it run like ****? Of course but it's been a hard 260k. However it still plows and pulls like a peterbuilt

Personally I would love to hear some feedback on the spark plug replacement. One of my work trucks is a 08 Chevy 1500 with 260k and the plugs have never been replaced. Does it run like ****? Of course but it's been a hard 260k. However it still plows and pulls like a peterbuilt
I got a chevy tahoe with 350,000 at work but we do regular maintinence on it, I would drive the company car if I was you so your bot wearing your tires suspension and alot of other things that the mileage money doesnt cover. Do they insure your truck if you wreck it? Doubt it just drive theirs

Edit the part about company vehicle wasnt for uspartan :)

I use my own insurance.
Company car is nice, but nothing like my truck. Getting paid 56 cents per mile definitely adds up each and every work day... I'd rather not get paid minimum wage for my hours.
Sometimes, I need the assurance of 4WD where I have to deliver. Some customers' driveways are a bit of a hassle without it. I'd rather not get stuck hours from home for a ****ty reason like not having 4WD.

Turns out I'm not compensated as well as I had thought for the miles. It's only based on miles per gallon and reimbursed via gas cards or untaxed cash on monthly paychecks. My employer offered me a company vehicle so that I won't have to do maintenance on my truck so often. It helps, but I can't stand the damn Prius they gave me... It gets great gas mileage, but I get passed by everyone on the freeway.

Now I'm no mechanic, but I'll take a beer and look at your truck anyway...

Turns out I'm not compensated as well as I had thought for the miles. It's only based on miles per gallon and reimbursed via gas cards or untaxed cash on monthly paychecks. My employer offered me a company vehicle so that I won't have to do maintenance on my truck so often. It helps, but I can't stand the damn Prius they gave me... It gets great gas mileage, but I get passed by everyone on the freeway.

Now I'm no mechanic, but I'll take a beer and look at your truck anyway...
Lmao. No worries man. I'm sure we won't be looking for you the company car. Rack the miles up on their car and not your Taco. In the end your keeping your truck in better shape.

I put 25,000 miles a year on my truck and tow a small bass boat up north to Ontario in the summer. Take care of your Tacoma and it will take care of you!!!

Well... so far 152,000 trouble -free miles on the tacoma!!! I have only had to change oil and filters!!

Back