Radio issues in cold temps

The backhand

Hello all.
I have a 2015 Tacoma Prerunner with 43,000 miles on it. I have been having issues with my OEM radio in the winter months for the last 2 years. When the ambient temperatures get below 50 degrees, the radio controls do not want to work until the vehicle warms up. The on-off/volume control button as well as the buttons below it are all inoperable, as is the touch screen. I have had the dealer look at it but they say they can't duplicate the malfunction, so they do nothing. I have videos of me pressing the buttons and different areas on the screen with no response from the radio. Today, the dealership said it occurs because of my phone and too many text messages and call log information bogging down the radio. I don't believe this is the case, as it will malfunction for 10 to 15 minutes while the heater is warming the inside of the cab. If anyone has had similar issues or has some insight on what is truly causing the problems, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely,
The Backhand

Last edited:
In my 17 tundra, I have issues with the screen not working. Sometimes it acts as though a button is being constantly being pushed. I have read that there is a software update

In my 17 tundra, I have issues with the screen not working. Sometimes it acts as though a button is being constantly being pushed. I have read that there is a software update.
In my 17 tundra, I have issues with the screen not working. Sometimes it acts as though a button is being constantly being pushed. I have read that there is a software update
They have done the updates to my 2015 and it hasn't changed a thing.

Back