Radio Volume?

Silver Streak

King of the hill :~)
Stock radio not JBL.

Volume on FM station appears normal; however, when switching to AM mode; volume goes down around 1/2 the sound.

Is this normal?

Last edited:
Volume changes with audio type.
Ex. If you leave ipod on 40 and radio on 20...next time you turn ipod on it will be at 40. This happens switching am/fm too, at least on my '13 head unit non jbl. Hope this helps.

even when switching from radio to cd and vice versa the volume dosen't change on my unit... but then again Panasonic does make quality audio products..:thumbsup:

The only vehicle I've had in the last few years that didn't have an adjustable auto volume on it.

More i use mine more im tempted to just rip it out and put an alpine touchscreen in it. Just light on $$$ right now to do it.

I think the best thing I've done is keep my satellite radio and listen to that. The local radio stations playing nothing but commercials. It takes me 25 minutes to get to work and out of that I hear maybe one or two songs.

I think the best thing I've done is keep my satellite radio and listen to that. The local radio stations playing nothing but commercials. It takes me 25 minutes to get to work and out of that I hear maybe one or two songs.

I listen to the morning sports talk guys here on my way to work. Music... Ipod all day. My dad's got xm and i like the classic vinyl channel but its not really worth $100.00 a year for me. But it is pretty cool.

I listen to "The Bridge" classic rock. Yeah I know, old fart! I do love the USB port too. I've got about 250 songs so far downloaded on a flash drive for my 6 hour trip to see my Family in Buffalo for Thanksgiving. Gotta love non-stop music.

Back