Rattling Taco

Flash

My 2019 Tacoma with the 2.7 has a rattle in the dash or under the hood. Hard to tell. It has been to the shop 4 times with no fix. I do have recorded the noise. I have a case # with Southeast Toyota.This is driving me crazy. What to do?

Have you removed everything out of the glovebox and center console
then try it out?

I found rattle on 2017 Tacoma passenger side speaker cover. I trimmed small piece of black rubber toolbox liner and wedged this down between the cover and the column cover with a small wooden tool until it was not visible. Rattle/noise has not come back for a few months now. Before I did this fix, I was able to put pressure on cover and make noise stop. That’s how I found it.

My 2019 Tacoma with the 2.7 has a rattle in the dash or under the hood. Hard to tell. It has been to the shop 4 times with no fix. I do have recorded the noise. I have a case # with Southeast Toyota.This is driving me crazy. What to do?
Keep taking it in. Keep making them document they can’t find it. After they jerk your around enough elevate it.
See my post about JBL problems on my 2017.
Documentation is the key.

Same here on my 18. Passenger side dashboard, but it only happens when it’s cold outside. When the truck warms up it goes away. Seems to be coming from the recessed circle in front of the speaker?

I did the kicker upgrade and my passenger door started rattling, a piece of bubble gum foil crammed under the switch panel later it's ok... lol

Back