Really Small 1000 mile review on my 2018 Taco Sr5

ScreaminYoda

Ive reaches 1000 miles on my 2018 Tacoma and this is my take so far.

Pros- Drives really smooth at 80mph on the highway.
Trucks looks really nice. (Compliments daily)
Love the automatic sliding rear window
Really love the interior of the truck.
Love the ECT button. Helps with one of the cons of the truck.
Automatic locking tailgate.
Style of the grill.

Cons- transmission seems to hunt or switch gears. (ECT button helps with this).
Hard downshift into 1st gear when coming to a stop every so often.
Poor gas mileage 15-17 if lucky and this is not with the ETC button engaged.
Engine has ticking sound. More noticeable in park at idle or coming to a stop. Supposedly it's a high pressure fuel pump?
Range of the key remote/ alarm is horrible. Maybe it's just mine but I'm talking you have to be within 20ft.

I want an OEM auto locking tailgate. Can you lock and unlock it on the fob?

Since the ‘18’s have them is it almost time for a new speeding white taco?

Yeah, when you lock the doors it locks and unlocks it at the same time..pretty loud i might add lol..i like the bed light that comes on also just above the back window.

That’s one of the features I wish the 2017 had. I’ve thought about adding the pop and lock.

I have a 2018 TRD off-road 4 x 4 with the tech package. Is the auto locking tailgate a premium feature?

99% sure. It will lock and unlock with the tailgate key but that’s it. Not sure if there’s a button you have to push to enable that feature.

99% sure. It will lock and unlock with the tailgate key but that’s it. Not sure if there’s a button you have to push to enable that feature.
It sounded like it should just lock and unlock with the truck.

yeah it locks and unlocks as you just normally lock up your truck with the key fob. No special button. Believe me, you would no for sure it's kinda loud.

Ive reaches 1000 miles on my 2018 Tacoma and this is my take so far.

Pros- Drives really smooth at 80mph on the highway.
Trucks looks really nice. (Compliments daily)
Love the automatic sliding rear window
Really love the interior of the truck.
Love the ECT button. Helps with one of the cons of the truck.
Automatic locking tailgate.
Style of the grill.

Cons- transmission seems to hunt or switch gears. (ECT button helps with this).
Hard downshift into 1st gear when coming to a stop every so often.
Poor gas mileage 15-17 if lucky and this is not with the ETC button engaged.
Engine has ticking sound. More noticeable in park at idle or coming to a stop. Supposedly it's a high pressure fuel pump?
Range of the key remote/ alarm is horrible. Maybe it's just mine but I'm talking you have to be within 20ft.
Is the auto sliding window just the center window? Or the whole rear glass rolls down like the tundra.?

I’m ok with it only being introduced on the Trd Pro the first year then all Tacoma’s the following year. I’ll have my stuff relocated to the dog house before State Farm has a chance to give her a call about that Pro.

I have the 2018 Limited. I'll need to check to see if the Fob controls the tailgate lock. I had the impression that it does not and I must use the single one and only key that came with the truck.
Does anyone know if it does?

I have the 2018 Limited. I'll need to check to see if the Fob controls the tailgate lock. I had the impression that it does not and I must use the single one and only key that came with the truck.
Does anyone know if it does?
Yes let use know. Congrats on the new taco. Welcome to the forum. Post some pictures.

Back