Rear clunk

Is it normal to hear a slight clunk after reversing. I put in drive start go forward a bit and hear a slight clunk sounds like the diff if I were to guess. It’s the only time I hear it normally after backing out of the driveway then start driving away. Pretty sure it just the normal play. Been awhile since I owned a truck.

Is it normal to hear a slight clunk after reversing. I put in drive start go forward a bit and hear a slight clunk sounds like the diff if I were to guess. It’s the only time I hear it normally after backing out of the driveway then start driving away. Pretty sure it just the normal play. Been awhile since I owned a truck.
When the Turd gens first came out and even onto the early 2017 models there was a hard clunk from reverse to drive. There is a TSB out for the hard shift from reverse to drive.
My 2017 was had. The TSB fixed it. I haven’t heard any 2018+ Having the issues since the bulletin.

Some info here
https://www.thegeekpub.com/4922/toyota-transmissions-delayed-engagement/

Thanks for the info but it’s not on the shift it’s after you just start rolling you have to give it gas a little.
I understand. I would pull out of my driveway in reverse. Put it into drive start to go get about 10 feet or so and it would clunk hard then drive normal. The TSB helped but it never went away completely and Toyota said it was “normal” at that point.

I understand. I would pull out of my driveway in reverse. Put it into drive start to go get about 10 feet or so and it would clunk hard then drive normal. The TSB helped but it never went away completely and Toyota said it was “normal” at that point.

pardon my ignorance, but what's a "TSB"?

Back