Rear differential leaking.

casndvl

Everyone check to make sure your rear differential isn't leaking. I have a 2016 TRD Sport, took it in with 12,500 miles they replaced the seal and gasket. When I got it back, still leaking, albeit was minimal amount of oil. Took it back now they are replacing the flange(sp). We will see how it works out.

Thats crazy,why would that leak?Was the gasket damaged,what did the mechanic say was the reason for it to start leaking at 12,000 + miles?

Hello, I'm actually having the same problem with my 2016 Tacoma. I purchased it 9 months ago it has less than 7k miles and just got it back for the 2nd time from the shop for the leaking from the rear differential. By any chance to u have an issue with ur Tacoma when u brake or reversing and it kind of accelarates on its own?

I'll bet the case is ****ed and they have to replace the whole thing. That's why gaskets and seals don't fix it and they need the thing for 3 weeks. They probably have a backorder on the cases since it's not like there would be a supply line of replacement differentials on a vehicle that just came out. differential cases should last the life of the truck aside from crash damage or the occasional manufacturing screwup.

Makes me not want the truck no more... 1st time i had a Rentals for a month... This 2nd time for 2 weeks i really hope there wont be a 3rd time

It was leaking. Dealer replaced the Flange. (Sp) It was also jumping and wanting to accelerate in reverse not bad though. It was fixed when they redid the differential.

Mauricio, I am having that same acceleration issue that you are having. I just go my truck over a month ago and so far it's got over 1800 miles and actually noticed it right away because everyday I have to back up my Tacoma into my garage and half the time my foot is on the brakes but it wants to accelerate on its own. I wonder who else has this issue.

I just noticed the same problem on my 2016 TRD sport with 5,500 miles. It started vibrating when I slowed down, usually between 40-20mph. I looked underneath and noticed that it is leaking differential fluid. It will be going in to the shop on Monday, fingers crossed they replace it since it has been running low in differential fluid for a little while.

Attachments

• truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 81
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 80
Back