Rear headrest is stuck? !!

matt_7408

Hey guys this might should kinda stupid but I'm new to this and I just finished getting my window tinted to my 2013 taco and I noticed the moron who tinted my windows took off the rear headrest and when they put it back on it was put backwards .... ive tried pullin it out but will not budge does anyone have any idea on how to remove it.

Is your truck a double cab or an access cab? I would try and wiggle it out and if that doesn't work try a Big Freakin Hammer. :laughing:

Access cabs don't have headrest, at least mine doesn't, just a back pad then window, no holes for a headrest, the 2013 loaner I got DCSB before I got my truck did have those stupid things and I wanted to throw them away so bad. Blocked view from rearview mirror.

If they are anything like the front they should have release buttons on the outside of where the forks slide into the top of the seat. You'll need to run your hand under the headrest and to push them in to release them. If not take it back to the idiot to fix it and if he damages it then hold him responsible in fixing it.

Ran into that same problem myself. Depress the release button and rock the headrest back and forth. Going to take a little elbow grease, but the headrest should release. I have a problem removing the headrests even when they are installed correctly.

It's a double cab and ive tried pushing the release button at the same time but I guess ima have a friend help me out ... and yea if that don't work ima tell the idiot. To try and fix it
Thanks guys ill keep yall posted

the 2013 loaner I got DCSB before I got my truck did have those stupid things and I wanted to throw them away so bad. Blocked view from rearview mirror.

I took the head rest off my DC the day I bought my truck, they have been sitting in my garage ever since. I cant stand how they blocked my view as well.

Yea they do get in the way well today I fixed the problem and its super easy ....on the side that doesnt have the release button there is a little opening that u just need to either put a flat head or like I did a key and push and slips right out thought it would have been a whole lot harder but guess not lol

Yea they do get in the way well today I fixed the problem and its super easy ....on the side that doesnt have the release button there is a little opening that u just need to either put a flat head or like I did a key and push and slips right out thought it would have been a whole lot harder but guess not lol
That was the way. Thanks!

Back