Rear lift?

taco guy11

So I currently run a 3" toytec lift. Billy 5100 on all corners front eibachs with top plate spacer and billy set to .85 to get 3"s. Out back I have a 2" single aal. The aal works great and give me a very light rake nose down maybe 1/2 difference. I'm looking in the future to get new leafs. What should I go with I have a double cab short bed dont keep much weight in the bed have a tool boxes with a few tools and straps and tie downs that's about it. But I do pull a boat a few times a year an a wave runner an offer haul a fourwheeler in the bed. Most aftermarket leafs springs don't have overloads so this is gonna effect my load capacity. I just need input from people who have aftermarket rear leafs. Thanks

That's what I was thinking but there made to carry constant loads an I'm afraid of the harsh ride considering I'm not gonna be loaded all the time

I would like to add just a half inch to my rear to level it out. I have 5100's at 1.75 up front with the rear leaf tsb. It sits just barely nose high. I think a full inch would be too much.

I saw on a TW thread where somebody used old leafs cut down and used as a block with the center pin through all. If I had a pair of old leafs I would try this myself.

My question is though, how much thread should be left on the u bolts? I have roughly a half inch left now but I wouldn't be comfortable having the nuts flush.

On my 02 taco, to carry my camper, I put those Firestone airbags in. They worked very well for carrying a full pallet of pellets for my stove too. Had a little pump under the hood with the gauge and levers under the dash. Neat little set up. Plumbing the tubing under the dash was more difficult than I thought it would be but it worked well.

Back