Rear tires locked up in 4 wheel drive

kapulephoto

Was wondering if anybody has experienced there rear tires to lock up completely almost like the parking break was on but it was only in 4 wheel high . Was locked up for about ten minutes untill I put into 4 wheel low then it made a loud banging metal sound in the transfer case and it finally unlocked and i was eventually able to move without dragging my locked tires . I also noticed transfer case making lots of random banging sounds when I stop or take off the 4 wheel drive . I have a 2016 Trd off road extra cab crawl control

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1457976618.497854.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1457976618.497854.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 44
Hate to start this up again...but my 2017 DC TRD Off Road just did this. Did you ever find out the cause? Or does anyone know what might cause this?

Was wondering if anybody has experienced there rear tires to lock up completely almost like the parking break was on but it was only in 4 wheel high . Was locked up for about ten minutes untill I put into 4 wheel low then it made a loud banging metal sound in the transfer case and it finally unlocked and i was eventually able to move without dragging my locked tires . I also noticed transfer case making lots of random banging sounds when I stop or take off the 4 wheel drive . I have a 2016 Trd off road extra cab crawl control

Was this first thing after being parked overnight or something?
If so, your brake shoes were seized to the drums. Typically this would happen after a drive, brakes and drums are hot, and you set the brake. Overnight everything cools down, but the shoes bond to the drum. This can be exacerbated by surface rust if you wash it, get water in the drums, then set the brake overnight.

Back