Recommended Grease?

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by vwgtiturbo, Apr 17, 2018.

1. vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo Well-Known Member

Good evening gents! Just a quick question here...

With no deployments on tap, and a semester off from school, I'm looking to catch up on some LOOONG overdue periodic maintenance on my 05 (and will likely flood the forum with questions as my baby has spoiled me over the years). I'm wondering if there is a recommended type/brand of grease I should be loading into the grease gun for tie rod/ball joint/u-joint lubrication. (I saw the other post referencing the methods some of the members use, but don't recall seeing WHAT was used).

As always, thanks in advance for any insight that assists in keeping my girl road worthy!

tannacles likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I personally have used SuperTech grease from WallyWorld in the past. It's Lithium based so figure it's a good all-around grease.

vwgtiturbo likes this.
  4. OP
    vwgtiturbo

Thanks for sharing the makeup (lithium). I wasn't sure if I should go with lithium or molybdenum (is that even a thing anymore), etc. I haven't kept up with maintenance as I should have over the last 13 years, with my last real "in the weeds" maintenance period being with my old Volkswagen LOL. Trying to get back in the saddle!

5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I like Lithium based greases........I like doing maintenance on all my vehicles! Kinda call me OCD when it comes to keeping filters changed, oils changed, zerks greased, tires rotated and aired up.......I like doing it all!

vwgtiturbo likes this.
  6. OP
    vwgtiturbo

I hear that! I honestly used to be that way, but just didn't make proper use of limited time and blew it off (I promise I'll make it up to you, old girl! * as I pat her dashboard*)

B-Man likes this.
  7. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Any off the shelf stuff. I use Amsoil because I already purchase oil from them.

Bogunn, B-Man and vwgtiturbo like this.
  8. OP
    vwgtiturbo

Thanks whippersnapper!

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  9. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I'm a nut when it comes to my Harley too......
    Really like Amsoil products.....when I place my next order for Amsoil 20w-50 gonna get some of their grease.

whippersnapper02 and vwgtiturbo like this.
  10. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

11. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

+1

Bogunn and whippersnapper02 like this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Double like and +2

whippersnapper02 likes this.