Recovery gear?

skyler.surf

Looking for some recovery gear. I really like the arb recovery gear package but it’s a lot of money. Just wondering if anyone has found some cheaper alternatives? I have a buddy who said he went to the tractor supply store and bought a strap that was made out of something like what fire hoses are made out of so if it were to snap it wouldn’t come back and bite your rig. Anyone have any experience with that?

I appreciate it. What’s the safest way to attach a strap to your or someone else’s vehicle? I run boats for a living so I’m used to attaching chain to a shackle and splicing a rope around a shackle

I appreciate it. What’s the safest way to attach a strap to your or someone else’s vehicle? I run boats for a living so I’m used to attaching chain to a shackle and splicing a rope around a shackle

Ideally, the safest way would be where both vehicles have have shackles or recovery hooks but that’s not always the case. I always tell the other person to hook up the strap on their end, and I’ll hook up my end, unless they’re just completely unsure of what they are doing. Nothing more annoying than helping someone just to get blamed for scratching or cracking some plastic because you hooked up the strap on their end when they had zero recovery points and the best way I seen was to wrap the frame. Ended up leaving the douche stuck in the mud and driving off. [emoji23]

Back