Refrigerator Door Gaskets

tacojoel

Had to take a seat, and calm myself down after seeing what these refrigerator door gaskets cost. I needed the main door and the lower freezer door gaskets that were disintegrating on my whirlpig refrigerator. Cheapest online company was nearly $300 when all said and done. I could remember you could buy a new refrige for a little more than that. If i went with the first price i got i could of.

Ahhhhh.... you need to price new units. Sticker shock will set in. Many units are above $2000.

The gaskets are much less expensive than a replacement unit.

I guess being an old fart i need to get caught up on current prices. One thing hasn't changed my mind....this inflation sucks.

Yeah....hold on tight. The recession should be a bitch. Probably worse than the Reagonomics era.

Well, back to these refrige door gaskets i ordered, goof ol' fedex is at it again, was estimated i'd get them from ohio by next monday. Today i get an email shipping notice from them they now estimate it will be another week from this coming monday. Wtf, how long does it take those bozo's to drive from ohio to connecticut? Ups would have that package here in 3 days. I gotta suspect those gaskets are on another grand tour of our country again.:mad:

FedEx sent you an email???? Seems more likely the supplier sent the email.

Weather delays can slow delivery and/or shipping.

Well, back to these refrige door gaskets i ordered, goof ol' fedex is at it again, was estimated i'd get them from ohio by next monday. Today i get an email shipping notice from them they now estimate it will be another week from this coming monday. Wtf, how long does it take those bozo's to drive from ohio to connecticut? Ups would have that package here in 3 days. I gotta suspect those gaskets are on another grand tour of our country again.:mad:
They could be stuck on the snow and ice outside of Denver

FedEx sent you an email???? Seems more likely the supplier sent the email.

Weather delays can slow delivery and/or shipping.
No, it was from fedex when i accessed the their tracking progress. I realize they are busy as hell with christmas coming as i see them on my road more than once a day, but now those gaskets won't be delivered till after the christmas.
They could be stuck on the snow and ice outside of Denver
Don't give them any new ideas, or i probably won't get my gaskets till next year.

That is a minor problem. Last night during the 5:00 pm dog outing (dark o'clock) a FedEX truck nearly ran us over. He was driving on the left side of the road.

I tried to speak with him. He grumped, threw the delivery on the recipient's step, jumped in the truck to speed off........

I did manage to get the license plate number. A short to the point email has been sent to FedEx corporate and the local distribution center.

There is no need for that type of driving or terseness. Perhaps the driver will enjoy a leaner Christmas.

some of those FedEx drivers do run the roads like a bat out of hell
i've seen it as well

I can tell you the ups drivers do. Those ups guys are basically given only a few minutes at every delivery stop.

Had to see this to believe it. I just got this box delivered by fedex, and guess what REFRIGE DOOR GASKETS. I'm convinced they are one screwed up company. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is posting. Their actually here sooner than originally claimed to be.

FedEx responded to my complaint about the driver within 24 hours.

They use a large number of independent drivers this time of year in the FedEx trucks.

You may be suffering by the "skills" of the holiday temp drivers.

Anyhow, the response to my complaint will be a disciplinary action that could include dismissal. That behavior is completely at odds with the FedEx policies.

Well whatever fedex did to deliver that large box in pristine condition, they done good. I just wish i could say the same for the freezer door gasket inside. Its going to take a long soak in a tub of hot water to get all the twisted bends, and wrinkles from it to be able to install it so it seals half ass allowing me to use a hairdryer to finalize the seal. The large door gasket was in a large separate box looking not at all in the same condition.

Back