Regular or synthetic oil

Either one is good. Synthetic offers more protection.

As far as brands go, any oil will work. Most people like Mobil One but I use Amsoil.

Last edited:
I have used Mobil 1 Synthetic for the last eight years in my 2007 with 133K. Wouldn't recommend anything else.

On my 04 Tacoma I used regular dino oil and changed it every 3300 miles - no problems when I sold it @ 115k miles. If you want longer change intervals go syn.

Modern dino oil is capable of 5K miles changes. Synthetic is capable of more than just longer intervals. It protects better than dino. It holds up to heat better as well.

AMSOIL Signature Series can be used to 25,000 miles and AMSOIL XL can be used to 10,000 miles for a few bucks cheaper per Quart. Use a Great Filter as a AMSOIL,K&N,or Bosh and change only every 15,ooo miles . 100% Full Synthetics are the way to go as Whippersnapper and I use and say!

AMSOIL Signature Series 5w-30 5.5 qts for V6 4.0 ZO#5269135 in referece box for Free delivery on all retail Orders of $100 or more . Buy 1 gallon and 2 qts and 1 filter or more for next,Oil Change interval good and guaranteed and rated at 25,000 miles but change filters at 12,000-15,000 miles,get 2 Amsoil oil filters!

Back