Remembering 9/11

I was in Basic Training at Fort Benning. I’ll never forget it as long as I live.
From there it was Infantry School and then Airborne School all back to back.
Less than a year later I was in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne as part of the invasion.
I was wounded by being blown up in an IED on October 17, 2003.

I was in Basic Training at Fort Benning. I’ll never forget it as long as I live.
Less than a year later I was in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne as part of the invasion.

Damn, I didn’t know that. Thanks for your service!

You rock bogunn thank you so much !and everyone else who has served !

Thank you for your sacrifice and service brother.

I was taking a political science class at a college that started at 7am pacific. I walked in and the teacher had just brought a TV in and turned on the news. He said anyone who wants to stay and watch and talk about what’s happening can. Anyone who wants to go home can. I stayed and watched in shock as it unfolded. Unbelievable, seemed unreal at the time.

I had just finished giving a New Comers briefing and was walking through the dining room of the NCO Club on Ramstein Air Base in Germany when I want her the second plane fly into the second tower.

On my way to work in downtown Los Angeles...less than a year later activated for homeland security and extended for the invasion of Iraq...

I was in Saudi Arabia flying Southern Watch missions. Needless to say We were extended in country for some other operations. Will never forget that day and what happened.

Thanks for your service! I have hefted more than a few in that club. Wasn’t there a basement club of some sort at Ramstein as well.

Thank you guys for your service.
It was definitely a world stopping moment that changed the country and world forever.
God Bless the fallen, those who served, those still serving, and this truly glorious nation.

Back