Remembering 9/11

I was in Basic Training at Fort Benning. I’ll never forget it as long as I live.
From there it was Infantry School and then Airborne School all back to back.
Less than a year later I was in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne as part of the invasion.
I was wounded by being blown up in an IED on October 17, 2003.

I can not guess your age... lol
How ever thank you for your service.

I’m so sorry I missed this thread. Thank you to all who served and serve.

I’m retired Air Force.

I was coming off as night shift supervisor at the hospital and turned on the tv as I was winding down. Thought it was some kind of a disaster movie until I stated flipping channels.

Didn’t get much sleep that day.

God bless the USA.

I’m retired Air Force.

I was coming off as night shift supervisor at the hospital and turned on the tv as I was winding down. Thought it was some kind of a disaster movie until I stated flipping channels.

God bless the USA.

Thank you for your service.

I’m retired Air Force.

God bless the USA.

Thank you for your service sir

I’m retired Air Force.

God bless the USA.
Thank you for your service! Aim High brother.

It was easy to join up to keep the peace.

But those who joined KNOWING it was war...those who were drafted and CHOSE to answer the call....

I’m proud to have served but humbled by those others who gave so much more.

It was easy to join up to keep the peace.

But those who joined KNOWING it was war...those who were drafted and CHOSE to answer the call....

I’m proud to have served but humbled by those others who gave so much more.

Shoot, respect to every single one of them including you. I didn’t make it past a week in ROTC. Its a different level of life to serve the country, no matter the position

Back