Remote Start

man.cave

Has anybody purchased and installed a remote start for a 2016. I was told that Toyota doesn't put it on any vehicle they make but offer it as an add on for 600 bucks.

Has anybody purchased and installed a remote start for a 2016. I was told that Toyota doesn't put it on any vehicle they make but offer it as an add on for 600 bucks.
That's right. Look at viper and see if they have them for the 2016's. I mean you have to pay for mudguards now. I remember when floor mats were included and not extra. Now you pay for them. I don't get it.

I spoke with another Toyota dealer today who works in parts, and he said they didn't have one out yet for the Taco's with push button start.. I will just have to wait because I don't want to carry 2 controllers

I spoke with another Toyota dealer today who works in parts, and he said they didn't have one out yet for the Taco's with push button start.. I will just have to wait because I don't want to carry 2 controllers
A lot of times it replaces your factory key fob. An all in one.

They have the remote starters for the 2016 Tacoma's with push button start now. Just had mine installed a few days ago at the dealer. Works great! And I got it for free when I bought the truck!

I talk to my dealership they gave me a person that does all there remote Start I about do it for my 2015 Toyota Tacoma 426.00 for everything the person does at Toyota Dealership it aftermarket but heard it doesn't avoid warranty how long it the person they use

I'm look'n for one as well. I hate that it shuts off the vehicle whenever you open the door. That sucks.

I went on YouTube to see what they had for 2016-17s and watched a install video of a shop in Georgia. They use the OEM Key Fob.

You press the lock button three times and it starts the truck. But it still shuts off when you unlock and open the door.

I'm going to check with my local shop this week and see what they have/use. Won't do it if another key fob is needed. I'll wait until somebody figures it out, especially don't want the engine shut down whenever the door is opened.

Code alarm is the brand I have. Paid for it with the truck as part of the deal but it does require a separate fob and the engine cuts off when you open the door. It doesn't bother me too much. I typically let it run about 10 minutes before I get in the truck. Bad for mpg but I hate cold

Back