Remove condensation and test for leaks in headlight

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by tenessee yoda, May 28, 2018.

1. tenessee yoda

tenessee yoda New Member

IMG_1674.jpg have to remove headlight cause I didn’t use enough silicone for after market lights , was thinking about filling with water and testing for leaks . Will this damage the housing ?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Don’t fill your head lights up with water. If there is water in them already see where it dumps out, let them dry and seal them up.
    Welcome to the forum.

Bogunn likes this.
  4. OP
    tenessee yoda

tenessee yoda New Member

It’s just minor condensation really no puddles , just bought them 3 days ago . I’ll just seal the light all the way around again lol , I didn’t let them properly cure and had an issue when I grabbed flowable silicone so after using it I realized most of it was flowing to either side I did go buy some normal sili and re did the light but at that time was just pissed by the amount of time I had in it and the big ass storm clouds over head so I probably rushed it , appreciate the help , and glad to be here

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I would never fill them with water. Just seal them up.

OR17TRD and tenessee yoda like this.
  6. OP
    tenessee yoda

tenessee yoda New Member

Yea it’s not worth the risk seen some people do there’s on you tube but the were def skeptical people doing it lol . And thanks man

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  7. OR17TRD

I thought I said that haha

Bogunn likes this.
  8. OR17TRD

No it’s not.
    You’re welcome.

tenessee yoda likes this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Lol. I hadn’t refreshed my thread yet. Great minds think alike.

tenessee yoda and OR17TRD like this.