Ride from hell

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by art, May 1, 2018.

1. art

art Member

Just finished a ride from nashville tn to tucson az and back.
    What hell i put myself through the constant shifting up down was absolutely nerve racking.
    Speed limit of 75 could barely hold its own.
    MPG forget about it in the past i have made this same trip w a GMC Corrola Ram but never in the sled 17 tacoma v6 limited. I was a died in the wool Toyota fan until this last trip.
    Junk is junk Toyota REALLY you have lost an loyal customer .
    MPG was 18: 5 \ 20: 9 best to worst.
    Taco goes this week

quicksandman91 and OkieCowboy like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

It's funny because the F150s with 10 speeds do the same. It will happen in any 6+ tranny but will happen less with something that has more low end power which a Tacoma does not have.

pauljboudreau and Bogunn like this.
  4. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Not bad mileage . My f150 got 14.3 from Arkansas to Carlsbad NM. I will keep my taco.

littleguy likes this.
  5. whippersnapper02

I normally get 13.5-14 from my turd.

6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You’re pretty light on the throttle too aren’t ya? Lol

gulf282 and ifpenaflor like this.
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I get 18-22 usually. I’m good with that.

littleguy, ifpenaflor and B-Man like this.
  8. whippersnapper02

Had a buddy take for the day. He didn't get too much better driving nice. 14.5.

B-Man and Bogunn like this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s pretty crappy mileage.

B-Man and whippersnapper02 like this.
  10. whippersnapper02

Turd with extra turdcharger.

Bogunn likes this.
  11. OP
    art

art Member

Heavy foot maybe so. Ya'll say what you want i have owned anumber of Tacos 2. 2 4. 0 never a gripe. This is a joke as bad as Ram not selling 1500's same reasons.
    It,s a kids truck did I say by mistake truck more like a surbaban commuter not a work horse they use to be sorry folks
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    My opinion "JUNK"
    2017 Tacoma Limited

12. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Go back to a second gen 4.0 no one here is stopping you.

Bogunn, kp.taco, Lil G and 2 others like this.
  13. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

When I stopped today for the storm decided to fill up.......was at 3/4 tank and was showing 23.5avg.......don't know if this helps but gonna put it out there anyway......it was always taught to me when I started driving.....you want enough power to move the drivetrain/wheels but NOT spin......you want to be able to crawl and move without spinning the tires. My '17 TRDOR is perfect in that sense. I watched many videos before I purchased my '17......one thing I noticed was I didn't see any Tacos twisting u-joints or axles to do their rock-crawling or off-roading.......torque is there.....jus not overpowered to twist/break drivelines and assoc parts. Jus my .02cents.

14. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I can’t complain on 4.0 either the wife gets 22 to 24 but it’s a 2 wheel drive.

kp.taco and B-Man like this.
  15. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

At least with the 17 Tacoma you should get a good trade in .

kp.taco and B-Man like this.
  16. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

This is what I always want to tell people but am afraid of offending.. If you don't like the 3.5 then buy a 4.0.. Some people think they need the newest shit available or nothing and anything older is junk.. Man I gotta drive one of these new trucks I can't believe there is still so much complaining.. Do people not test drive these trucks before buying?? As bad as people make them sound why the hell are they driving them home after the test drive??

17. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t call the entire line of trucks made after 2016 junk. If you think it’s junk and a kid’s truck why don’t you trade it off? It’s resell value will be high enough to carry what you owe unless you had a ton of negative equity going in.

littleguy and kp.taco like this.
  18. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Sweet @kp.taco. Always looking out for the feelings of others. Lol.
    Agreed with you. 100%.

kp.taco likes this.
  19. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I honestly have no idea, I feel like people make stuff up.
    I bought a manual but I did test drive the hell out of an automatic just for fun because they didn’t have a manual on the lot. I didn’t care for it just because it was an auto but I didn’t pick up on anything out of the ordinary. Any time I’ve ever took a test drive the sales person panics. Nothing different this time. I mean, it’s nothing to go racing with but it can still be fun. Maybe these people just need to slide the seat up one click.
    Or quit being sissies and mash on it!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  20. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I didn’t test drive mine. Didn’t have to . I knew what I wanted. Does it shift different yes but my god I live in the hills and it has 6 gears to go thru. I’m still a happy customer. Better than the f150

littleguy, B-Man, kp.taco and 2 others like this.
  21. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

KP if your around Arkansas I will let you drive mine. You can pick it apart if you would like. I’m sure your like all of us we can find something wrong with any truck on the road.

wildturp, kp.taco and B-Man like this.