Rim selection Help please

rosemeadblvd

Hi guys, I'm sure there is already a thread about what time is good for taco. I have 2017 Taco TRD DCSB looking to buy set of 17" rims I'm now thinking putting on 285/70/17 tires. But, later might go bigger. I don't want to change my rims if I want to go bigger tire. What make and model of rims and offset or back spacing do you recommend. Please be more detailed possible. Any input is much appreciated.

what time is good for taco. 17" rims I'm now thinking putting on 285/70/17 tires. But, later might go bigger. offset.

Any time is good for taco. :D
Any rim you like the look of with a -6 offset, 17x8.5” that can hold a 35x12.5” tire later if you wanted to. Any bigger than a 285/70/17 tire you’ll be doing some trimming and cutting of the wheel wells and cab mounts and possibly more to fit them anyways. The wheel will be the least of your worries and no offset less than -6 is going to help that.

Any time is good for taco. :D
Any rim you like the look of with a -6 offset, 17x8.5” that can hold a 35x12.5” tire later if you wanted to. Any bigger than a 285/70/17 tire you’ll be doing some trimming and cutting of the wheel wells and cab mounts and possibly more to fit them anyways. The wheel will be the least of your worries and no offset less than -6 is going to help that.

Do you recommend any brand and model of rims ?

Do you recommend any brand and model of rims ?
That comes down to budget and personal preference. It’s very subjective. I don’t like the faux bead lock look but lots of guys do. I like all black wheels. Lots of guys run the XD series and the fuel wheels. I see to many of them. I got a good deal on my MB TKO wheels from discount tires and have no complaints. Other wheels I see guys talking about are the method and pro comp wheels.

Back