Road Armor

texastacoma

I am looking into road armor front and rear bumpers, was wanting some feedback about them, pros and cons, let me know what y'all think. Pics are appreciated.

Road Armor poor weld quality, rust after a year of use. The best quality is ARB front and rear bumpers. Hope this helps.

Hi Texas, I got a Trail Rider 2.0 from CBI off-road and have been very happy with it. I had them powder coat it. It was actually lighter than my factory bumper and went straight on and bolted in exactly where the stock came off, no cutting needed. Took me about 30 minutes with 2 pairs of hands

I have heard that road armor is the bottom of the barrel, ARB is your best bet I think, and it's relatively cheap.

I've had body armor ones for about a year front and back and way cheaper than ARB, and have lasted well for me. I've wheeled a decent amount as well.

I've had body armor ones for about a year front and back and way cheaper than ARB, and have lasted well for me. I've wheeled a decent amount as well.
I have body armor rear and side steps. Love them both. Had to paint the rear bolts on the bumper due to rusting. But that was a cheap fix.

How much demo
Rear bumper was $370.50, D rings were $40(body armor to) and my rock steps were $290. Bought a lighted license plate from and painted it black. That's the only down fall. The bumper has the holes for your license plate but no lights.

Update...

I got road armor at the end of last year (before anyone said anything about them on here)

So far I love them, clear coat to solve/delay rust issues, they are heavy but I'm not really concerned with that with the lift, nothing hits anywhere and had plenty of flex room...

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1428886803.369219.jpg

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1428886817.700798.jpg

I'm not exactly planing on attempting to take out a telephone pole, and all of the ones around here are metal, not wood, but if it does happen I'll let you know...

I'm not exactly planing on attempting to take out a telephone pole, and all of the ones around here are metal, not wood, but if it does happen I'll let you know...
Trust me when I tell you this, it was never in my plans!!!! I happened to have the Ironman on when the accident happened. Just making light of my crappy situation!

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum

Back