Road handling

nichdl1

We bought a new Tacoma double cab 4-wheel drive back in March. I did not get the TRD package because I'm not going off road and it rode rough. My truck does not have the Bilstein shocks on it and does not handle as well as I would like. I would like for the front end to stay more level in the curves and not dip as much when breaking. Anyone have ideas about how to firm the front end up without making it ride rough? Thanks in advance.

We bought a new Tacoma double cab 4-wheel drive back in March. I did not get the TRD package because I'm not going off road and it rode rough. My truck does not have the Bilstein shocks on it and does not handle as well as I would like. I would like for the front end to stay more level in the curves and not dip as much when breaking. Anyone have ideas about how to firm the front end up without making it ride rough? Thanks in advance.
You can buy bilstein and put them on. That's your best bet unless you feel like spending some $$.

If you want a truck to handle like a Car, then buy a car. You bought a truck. They are a little top heavy and have more weight when you are stopping and or turning. I would recommend the sport suspension over the offroad if you're looking for on road comfort over offroad performance.

Looking for advice. Not interested in getting ridiculed for asking a question. I thought that was the purpose of this forum. Guess I was wrong.

Looking for advice. Not interested in getting ridiculed for asking a question. I thought that was the purpose of this forum. Guess I was wrong.
Don't let it bother you. It's our way of having fun. Lots of good info. To answer your question......I had a 97 reg cab 4x4 Tacoma. Changed all shocks to bilstein and it improved the handling a lot. Plus it can add value to your truck. Look at the price between to 2. If there isn't much of a difference I'd go with 5100. You know your budget so it's up to you on what you want to spend. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Im getting ready to do a coilover OME lift for my 2014. I expected mine to ride rough, but from the research it seems the bilstein and the OME are the best. The OME is a little more expensive i believe though.

Order at Autozone the Energy Suspension Red .30 inch Front Sway Bar Poly Urethane Bushings, greasable or non greaseable,I got Non Greaseable and added Neverseize on inside and used OEM original Mounts and bolts, Replace Front Bump Stops with Red Energy Suspension Tacoma Parts for your year and you will firm up front suspension, and if firmer wanted order Red Energy Suspension Front Steering Rack assembly Busing Replacements and Front Red Coil Asorber replacements too, I also R&R all Front Struts and Rear Shocks with Rancho RS 5000 Series with White Shocks and struts with Red Boots too! Rides like a Caddy and Handles like a Corvette! Florida Bob, Rambo ! Lake County FL.

Order at Autozone the Energy Suspension Red .30 inch Front Sway Bar Poly Urethane Bushings, greasable or non greaseable,I got Non Greaseable and added Neverseize on inside and used OEM original Mounts and bolts, Replace Front Bump Stops with Red Energy Suspension Tacoma Parts for your year and you will firm up front suspension, and if firmer wanted order Red Energy Suspension Front Steering Rack assembly Busing Replacements and Front Red Coil Asorber replacements too, I also R&R all Front Struts and Rear Shocks with Rancho RS 5000 Series with White Shocks and struts with Red Boots too! Rides like a Caddy and Handles like a Corvette! Florida Bob, Rambo ! Lake County FL.

Handles like a corvette until it flips a couple times.... Lol

I was wanting to do something along that line with a smoother ride an better handling... Also from lake county Florida

Back