Roadtrip…

Helluva road trip this was to wheel the 21
Miles of stop and go Sunday spring traffic in the heart of Chicago was a refresher
Entered the beast via i55
And NO toll roads!

1713749923541.png

Stay tuned. Trip down will be a repeat. Return will some backroads to Monument Valley staying in a motel on the Res. Photograph sunset and sunrise then secondary to Grand Canyon. Bypass Interstate 40 for a stretch of Route 66. Seligman, Peach Springs etc. from there…? No route picked yet. Wing it. UFO country Nevada?

Stay tuned. Trip down will be a repeat. Return will some backroads to Monument Valley staying in a motel on the Res. Photograph sunset and sunrise then secondary to Grand Canyon. Bypass Interstate 40 for a stretch of Route 66. Seligman, Peach Springs etc. from there…? No route picked yet. Wing it. UFO country Nevada?
You go Series6 ! I'm following you on this here thread. Ya know we love the pictures. Thanks for the update.

no route picked... wing it...
do you just look for road signs/shields and wonder 'where does that road go'?
i was on some of route 66 in the ChicagoLand mess and didn't even know it LOL
going through Bishop CA?

Roadtrip…​

I gotta really process my next roadtrip Series6. My cousin Cindy's Memorial Service is on the 18th or the 26th of May is coming soon and will be in metro Chicago somewhere. The family can't decide which date is best. It's a 14-hour drive so there will be one or two hotel stays on the 1st leg and then the same way back to Texas on the 2nd leg.

She was 55 years old and my cousin Mark from Loup City was visiting her in Illinois over the April fool's weekend. They returned to her home from shopping all day and she fell to the floor dead. I honestly thought my cousin was playing an April fool's joke and i hung up the phone on him. The autopsy said she had a Widow-maker heart attack and killed her instantly.

I'm trying to keep it most Interstate so i can drive fast but i'm really getting tired of the speeding tickets. This girl suffered the most horrendous car wreck in Sandwich, Illinois about 20 years ago and survived. If you can zoom in her picture you will see the most unbelievable scars on her face. And now this….

1714105970081.png

1714104817595.png

Roadtrip…​

I gotta really process my next roadtrip Series6. My cousin Cindy's Memorial Service is on the 18th or the 26th of May is coming soon and will be in metro Chicago somewhere. The family can't decide which date is best. It's a 14-hour drive so there will be one or two hotel stays on the 1st leg and then the same way back to Texas on the 2nd leg.

She was 55 years old and my cousin Mark from Loup City was visiting her in Illinois over the April fool's weekend. They returned to her home from shopping all day and she fell to the floor dead. I honestly thought my cousin was playing an April fool's joke and i hung up the phone on him. The autopsy said she had a Widow-maker heart attack and killed her instantly.

I'm trying to keep it most Interstate so i can drive fast but i'm really getting tired of the speeding tickets. This girl suffered the most horrendous car wreck in Sandwich, Illinois about 20 years ago and survived. If you can zoom in her picture you will see the most unbelievable scars on her face. And now this….

View attachment 45583

View attachment 45582
what part of ChicagoLand?

sunday afternoon traffic./.
IMG_1358.JPG

i have been to Sandwich on a few... one time was a special side adventure to get just a sandwich in sandwich after hearing some weird PaneraB radio spot in St Louis LMAO

what part of ChicagoLand?

sunday afternoon traffic./.
View attachment 45592

i have been to Sandwich on a few... one time was a special side adventure to get just a sandwich in sandwich after hearing some weird PaneraB radio spot in St Louis LMAO
Well I'm not sure. The only daughter wants it Naperville but Cindy's siblings want Aurora or even Omaha which is where she grew up. We'll see. And funny you mention Sandwich, Illinois, that's where her and he ex got hit by an uninsured motorist on highway 34. Completely totaled both vehicles.

Roadtrip…​

View attachment 45583

View attachment 45582
I’m sorry for your family’s loss. I had to make a trip like that for my mom. Hours of driving remembering good times and others.

Back