Roof mounted cargo carrier basket

OR17TRD

I've been looking at roof mounted cargo baskets for my 2017 OR DC. I have the factory cross bars. There are so many options out there. Thule, Yakima, Rage, Rhino and the list goes on. Not worried about price. I want quality and something that accessories can be easily added to like a tire mount. I was hoping to get something I can put a spare tire in size 285/75/16, mount a shovel, ax, hi jack and still have room for a chainsaw and a box/cooler or some camping/hunting/fishing gear if needed.
Any one have this set up on their DC?
Brand? Size? Pictures? Likes/dislikes?
Anything helps thanks.

Did a little more research.
Looks like the OEM cross bars max capacity is 100lbs.
The 285/75/16 KO2 weighs about 58lbs without rim, the hi jack lift weighs about 25lbs. Shovel and ax estimate another 10lbs. Plus basket weight looks like that will be all that can be held. No weight left for other gear. Good thing I got the LB :)
Still looking for a basket that is tire mount capable that allows a shovel, ax and hi jack to be mounted on the sides.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1493712226.993764.jpg
Mines oem roof rack with a Yakima load warrior (with extension). I got the truck with the shovel and hi lift, but the high lift mount can be moved around so I think any highlight brand with the correct mounts will fit

Putting a tire up there is probably going to be pushing it with weight. I'm only going to use it for light stuff. Also the high lift rattles and is extremely annoying. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1493712449.325599.jpgill try to get better pics tomorrow

Putting a tire up there is probably going to be pushing it with weight. I'm only going to use it for light stuff. Also the high lift rattles and is extremely annoying. View attachment 11442ill try to get better pics tomorrow
Thanks.
Not putting a tire up there for you makes since it looks like you have a good set up for that.
I don't think a tailgate tire mount would work for me. I use the bed of my truck a lot. I also have a hitch bike mount I use I don't think it will accommodate both and don't want to take up bed space so basket seemed like the best option for me.
I was looking at the yakama loadwarrior (44lbs) and the megawarrior(67lbs) those are the shipping weights so I'm assuming actual weight is less. -packaging. The extensions weigh some. Looks like no hi jack(-annoying rattle)and just a spare tire, shovel and ax.
I wish toyota would have made these factory cross bars with a higher weight rating. Considering the yakama magaworrior with extension weighs ~75lbs. Got 25lbs left for gear?

Maybe some zip ties on the places the hi jack rattles? I always have a bag of them in my truck. Cut them and replace them as needed.

I'm only going to use mine for super light things. I can bend the cross bars using my hands if I pull down on the basket. My dad has a similar setup on his 4ruuner, he had some big rubber bands on the jack to keep it quiet but the snapped, zip ties could work

I'm looking at a Prinsu CabRac that I can mount stuff to instead of a basket. Check them out. It may be something that suits your needs.
I like this part of their web site
"We expect all consumers to use good judgement and common sense with the loads they plan to carry using these rack systems"

I'm looking at a Prinsu CabRac that I can mount stuff to instead of a basket. Check them out. It may be something that suits your needs.
I've got the factory cross bars. It doesn't look like I'd be able to use these. :(

Honestly after spending a ton for the oem + Yakima I wish I would've saved for a front runner then just got the safari bars for it

update - I really hated my setup. As cool as it looked it was very weak and started to sag. I didn't even think about the extra weight of the shovel and highlight. Probably made the weight more than what he oem could handle. Couple days ago I stoped by a car wash to spray down my car, turns out the only US front runner building was right next door.. going to have one put on soon.

IMG_5602.jpg. I bolted mine to the roof using Yakima landing pads. Makes it easy on/easy off with a life in the garage only have to raise it six inches to clear anything. I have the mega warrior full size with one extension, two axe/ shovel brackets, 8 load stops, big light bar wires to the front and a small one in the back for stadium lights in the bed since they decided no one wanted to see in their bed after dark. The landing pads are thru the roof and backed up with nuts and lock washers inside. I get a lot of people stopping me to ask about it at the gas stations. I have had 300 pounds up there and it works great. I install large av systems and live sound for concerts. I had a pair of JBL double 18 bass bins on top with a few flight cases. We also sit on top when there is a parade or fireworks to watch. I've had this rack on two tacomas and two grand Cherokees. It has held up great. It really hasn't started looking faded or old. They make some good stuff at Yakima. Look into the landing pads and the mega warrior. I'm adding two more extensions when I get a camper shell to run it all the way to the rear of the truck. It's gonna be stupid long but why not?

Well here is a better pic from the side. It hangs past my back window but it's great for leaning truss bars on to keep it far away from the roof. And I can strap stuff to it that's pushed close to the tool chestIMG_5601.jpg

Back