Roof Rack Lightbar

g_chandler85

Has anyone mounted a 42" curved lightbar between the OEM roof rack? What's the best way to mount it? I've been looking and I can't find a definite answer.

There was a guy on here, mounted a light bar between the oem racks, don't remember who it was but he's been gone a while...

The best way is don't buy one! Waste of money you can spend on something useful! Like better suspension parts, upgrade your brakes, winch bumper, winch , this list could go on and on! How many times a week , month , or year are you really going to blast the **** outtah everyone and thing in front of you ? If you trail ride at night and are the leader it's great! You're driving behind anyone on a night ride and you blind the **** outtah all driving in front! Stupid gimmick! Get several smaller useful led light assemblies front, sides or for the rear! HaHa just a ****ing waste of money!

Wind noise at highway speed is ****ing fun you'll love it!

Are thinking of Yota4life. He had put a light bar on and fabricated his own brackets.

Ya that's him...

Silver has a point too, I have them cause I use them at least every other day, especially now that it gets dark so early... But all of mine are on the front bumper... If you put it up above the cab, you'll get blinded by the reflection off the hood... Just food for thought

The best way is don't buy one! Waste of money you can spend on something useful! Like better suspension parts, upgrade your brakes, winch bumper, winch , this list could go on and on! How many times a week , month , or year are you really going to blast the **** outtah everyone and thing in front of you ? If you trail ride at night and are the leader it's great! You're driving behind anyone on a night ride and you blind the **** outtah all driving in front! Stupid gimmick! Get several smaller useful led light assemblies front, sides or for the rear! HaHa just a ****ing waste of money!

Wind noise at highway speed is ****ing fun you'll love it!
Yes I've definitely thought about that. I'm in Kansas right now and do a lot of backroad driving through cornfields and the population of the town is a couple hundred so I'd use it occasionally. For whatever reason the brights on my truck are god awful (worse than low beams) so I'd like a more light. I definitely wouldn't go Rigid or anything close to that, I was leaning towards a cheaper brand that's graded the same. I just figured it'd be the same amount of money as adding a bull bar and KCs.

A custom mount/bracket is your best option. Saw a pic from other forum. Looks like a good idea also.
20150913_085204-jpg.774865

Just ordered a Rigid light bar at 4wo|truck led lights. Good thing my buddy has a fab shop and he will help me install this light bar. Will post pics once it is done.

Back