Roof seal damaged

858_tacoma_guy

I went through a drive thru car wash, and well... just look at the pic.

IMG_1588.jpg

So the rubber seal came off and I’m not wanting to go through the dealer to buy the part since they’ll rip me a new one from their prices. Does anyone know the part number or know where I can get this part online??

Also should I bother replacing if I I plan on getting a roof rack?

Appreciate any answer, thanks guys!

View attachment 14128

So the rubber seal came off and I’m not wanting to go through the dealer to buy the part since they’ll rip me a new one from their prices. Does anyone know the part number or know where I can get this part online??

If you want a rack I wouldn’t spend the money on what is basically a cosmetic part.
You can get a replacement for about $20-40 if you dig around on eBay. But if I’m not mistaken you also have to buy a couple clips too. And you’ll have to do something to keep them secure (double sided auto tape or something) to keep them from flying off again.
Like Nancy said, if you’re putting a rack on in the near future you’d probably be better off just to save some cash and put it towards your new rack.

I can’t really tell by the video but it sounds normal. Any leaks? Losing power or compression?

View attachment 14128

Damn carwash... This happened to my antenna

I don’t hear anything out of the ordinary.

Good to know. I’m at 200k, and my friend tacoma has 125k on her 05, and her motor just blew yesterday. No compression on cylinder 6, apparently it’s a common issue with the 05 4.0l. Funny how my 08 4.0l is at 200k without any trouble [emoji16]

Good to know. I’m at 200k, and my friend tacoma has 125k on her 05, and her motor just blew yesterday. No compression on cinder 6, apparently it’s a common issue with the 05 4.0l. Funny how my 08 4.0l is at 200k without any trouble [emoji16]

I’ve heard this once before. Probably the head gasket.

Back