Rubbing after installing fabtech ucas.

Beh1986

I just installed the ucas. Was running stock ucas with lift and 285's with no rubbing. Now im rubbing on body mount. Will alignment fix that problem or will i have to trim?

Im going to get alignment just didnt think that they would change it hat drastically. But now that i have good daylight i see why its rubbing. Its got pretty bad toe out pushing the tires towards the back of the fender well.

I did a halfass alignment on it temporarily until i can get it to shop. It doent rub now. And yes still clicking. Almost sounds more like a squeak. And just about 4 days ago something started to pop occasionally when i turn sharp or brake hard. Just a single pop. Im thinking it might be my lower control arm ball joint. They both appear to have grease coming out of the rubber cover. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1496604720.027610.jpg

I did a halfass alignment on it temporarily until i can get it to shop. It doent rub now. And yes still clicking. Almost sounds more like a squeak. And just about 4 days ago something started to pop occasionally when i turn sharp or brake hard. Just a single pop. Im thinking it might be my lower control arm ball joint. They both appear to have grease coming out of the rubber cover. View attachment 11646
I see that.

Popping started before i installed ucas. I chose not to install diff drop. Could it be cvs popping?

An alignment shop, and good one, will be able to tell you exactly what you need. Maybe some previous owner bent something and it will never be right unless you change it out. But you should start there.

How did this turn out? I am curious because I have the Fabtech uppers and so far they are great. I also have the Toytec coils too and they seem to match up great.

Good deal then. Like I said I sure like mine. Going to get and keep on hand some good dry lube for the uniball.

But i still have a popping that occurs once and a while if i brake hard to a stop or when i stop and go from forward to reverse or reverse to forward and turn the wheel. Wondering if the lca bushings are bad. It doeant happen all the time though. Maybe cvs? Any thoughts?

But i still have a popping that occurs once and a while if i brake hard to a stop or when i stop and go from forward to reverse or reverse to forward and turn the wheel. Wondering if the lca bushings are bad. It doeant happen all the time though. Maybe cvs? Any thoughts?
Mine will make a clunk every so often. It does it maybe twice a month, but I don't put a lot of miles on it. And I am breaking in a new suspension.

But since my truck made this noise before I upgraded, I am thinking sway bar mounts or bushings. I could take mine off and see if I still get the clunk...

Back