Running rough

Please help with any input, i have a 95 tacoma and about a minute after startup my pickup starts to run rough almost sounds like its about to stall out i have heard something maybe about the idle valves? I might be completely wrong but any input on cleaning those or replacing parts would be helpful thank you

Kaleb kantz

Please help with any input, i have a 95 tacoma and about a minute after startup my pickup starts to run rough almost sounds like its about to stall out i have heard something maybe about the idle valves? I might be completely wrong but any input on cleaning those or replacing parts would be helpful thank you

Kaleb kantz
How many miles are on it?
Any mods? CAI? Exhaust?
Check to see if any codes come up?
When was the last time you did a tune up?

How many miles are on it?
Any mods? CAI? Exhaust?
Check to see if any codes come up?
When was the last time you did a tune up?
159,XXX miles' i have 3inch cat back exhaust. I do have an O2 sensor code. And i have never really done a tune up have never ever had a problem with the truck this just came out of the blue.

Kaleb kantz

Welcome to the forum.
The first thing I would do is a complete tune up and replace the O2 sensor. The ‘95 Tacoma is a tough truck and you have low mileage but it’s over 22 years old and needs basic maintenance to run well.

Welcome to the forum.
The first thing I would do is a complete tune up and replace the O2 sensor. The ‘95 Tacoma is a tough truck and you have low mileage but it’s over 22 years old and needs basic maintenance to run well.
Thank you guys for the input and advice i will be attending all of that this weekend

I’d would do all things suggested in previous posts ^^ tune up, sensors, replace rear differential oil, if 4x4 replace transfer case oil and front diff oil, transmission fluid flush and replace coolant/radiator flush and replace.
Replace all air filters, cabin and engine.
Brake fluid flush.
Sounds like it’s time to douche :D

Thats what i was more leaning torwards was the throttle body never thought about fuel filter

Think im gonna take that off tonight and give that a try
Welcome to the forum. Do you have any pictures of this 1995 first gen first year low miles taco?

Low miles. Was it a 1 owner?
Yes one owner has a book full of the records of the vehicle every time it went to the shop and everything. And it got a frame with one of the recalls that year, the frame has no rust at all. The only bummer that happened was about a week after i bought it it shot a spark plug out and i had to put a helicoil in it but other than that its pretty nice. Paint is not the best but hey it has been a good first truck i love it

Yes one owner has a book full of the records of the vehicle every time it went to the shop and everything. And it got a frame with one of the recalls that year, the frame has no rust at all. The only bummer that happened was about a week after i bought it it shot a spark plug out and i had to put a helicoil in it but other than that its pretty nice. Paint is not the best but hey it has been a good first truck i love it
Nice!! Congrats on the find. Maintain it and it will last until the wheels rust off.

I took it to my toyota dealer to get it diagnosed and one of the things they had said is my thermostat he said the cluster said 180 190 but the handheld computer says 83 degrees therfore pumping more fuel at startup causing rough idle? Does that make sense and one of the 02 sensors has a leak but its been like that for about a year i have negected to fix it. He said fix the o2 sensor first but i dont think that is my main problem

I took it to my toyota dealer to get it diagnosed and one of the things they had said is my thermostat he said the cluster said 180 190 but the handheld computer says 83 degrees therfore pumping more fuel at startup causing rough idle? Does that make sense and one of the 02 sensors has a leak but its been like that for about a year i have negected to fix it. He said fix the o2 sensor first but i dont think that is my main problem
Sounds like you’re on your way to getting it resolved.

Back